By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread: Releases This Month! New Trailers!

Are you picking up the game?

Yep, got the special edition pre-ordered! 5 45.45%

Yep, got the regular edition pre-ordered! 2 18.18%

I'll get it at launch 0 0%

I'll get it eventually 3 27.27%

I won't be picking it up 0 0%

Show results 1 9.09%

Total:11

Oooooooh!!! I love that overview trailer! The music there was quite good (well it has to be good since it focusses on idols). And YES! Gamexplain posted it on their channel! I hope this will make those people complaining about the lack of gameplay being shown shut their holes. This game is looking good. Im guessing this could release around September in the west.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

My only wish now is that the Japanese Voices will also be included.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

That game is really looking good and interesting, yet also a bit weird. Hopefully it will come to the West before Autumn.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Interesting, they describe it as a crossover between Atlus and Fire Emblem now. No mentioning of Shin Megami Tensei.

And that's a nice wallpaper, but not 1080p:

LOL! I was looking at the thumbnail of the video and i was like "I need an HD wallapaper of it". Thanks for sharing!

I like how Kiria is looking at Itsuki...... (Ship?) and how Tiki is next to him!!!!! "Onichan!"

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

OMG this last trailer looks really awesome. Way less cute pop and way more appealing. This is gonna be good.

Anyone got news if this game will have Amiibo compatibility?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Welp, in my absence this thread was totally neglected so it's time to get the ball rolling again!

Here's the web ad that was used for the game in Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD3zc2E1DvA

It got its first review in Famitsu:

"Reviewer 1 – 8

The strong point of Atlus – an RPG which involves young people – is used as a base while the taste of Fire Emblem is added, so this game gives a fresh impression. It is fun to hit enemy weaknesses in battle in order to perform follow-up Session Attacks with partners. It is convenient how you can avoid combat or deal a preemptive attack by hitting the enemy’s symbol before the encounter. It is also nice how the growth of partner characters is carefully pictured in [story] events.

Reviewer 2 – 9

To begin, an important battle technique is poking the enemy to discover their weakness. It’s also such a stylish production with a great user interface. This is absolutely an Atlus-made RPG. It is good that the essential tactic of finding the enemy weakness in order to trigger “Session Skill” is easy to understand and it is fun to strategically change acquired skills and weapons depending on your enemies. Various types of information is on the Wii U GamePad and it’s convenient how you receive notifications when “Unity” becomes available.

Reviewer 3 – 9

A familiar Atlus RPG in which high school students live in modern Tokyo is entangled with characters of the Fire Emblem fantasy world and the composition is surprising both story-wise and artistically. Performing arts is an impressive theme, where you will battle during a live performance. When you team up with your peers, there’s a strong sense of unity with the Fire Emblem characters who will support with their weapons. Training elements for skills and weapons are a bit cumbersome, but they are so fun.

Reviewer 4 – 8

General systems and the feel are close to Persona series, like creating combos by hitting enemy weaknesses. The setting of becoming an idol in order to gather power that is called “Performa” is catchy and interesting, and it leaves an impression of an RPG that is well made. Location and the enemies of Persona’s past make a grand appearance, but Fire Emblem doesn’t come out very much so I felt a little sorry."

http://nintendoeverything.com/genei-ibun-roku-fe-gets-first-review-in-famitsu/

In addition you can find a comparison between the 34/40 score the game got to other scores in the Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei and Persona franchises here: http://personacentral.com/genei-ibun-roku-fe-famitsu-review-score-xxx40/

A more in-depth video review was uplaoded on YouTube by another reviewer, which you can view here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMXJCjGApc

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Thankyou for updating us again! I guess this thread will be busy again once we get closer to a western release date.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The game got a segment in today's Nintendo Direct, revealing its localized title Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! We also got a release date, which is June 24th.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread