By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the 3DS sell better in 2016 than in 2015?

Will the 3DS sell better in 2016 than in 2015?

Yes, good known lineup an... 37 32.17%

No, the 3DS peaked a long time ago. 69 60.00%

Namco, bring Digimon 3DS ... 9 7.83%

Total:115

What titles specifically do u think will boost hardware sales so much next year?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
What titles specifically do u think will boost hardware sales so much next year?

Youkai 3, Youkai 1 in the west, Monster Hunter X, Fire Emblem Fates, the rumoured Pokemon Z...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pretty much everything set for next year is a sequel/spinoff of titles already released for 3DS and I doubt we will get a new revision in 2016 so no I don't see 2016 sales being higher than 2015.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

With a notable price drop is doable. Next year 3ds seems to have a lot more new games when compared to 2015

Maybe? It's going to be hard to say though. While we are getting alot of awesome RPGs I don't think there is much in the way of a system seller (unless the rumored Pokémon Z exists). If anything Japan will be the one to push the year above this one.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
zorg1000 said:

Youkai 3, Youkai 1 in the west, Monster Hunter X, Fire Emblem Fates, the rumoured Pokemon Z...

I don't think a bunch of sequels are going to do a whole lot for hardware. The Yokai/MonHun/Pokemon audience is already on 3DS. The lineup looks good but it mostly appeals to the current install base.

FEFates is a localization...
Federation Force well..
Pokemon Z is not even confirmed...
SMTIV Final is an extension of the og IV and not confirmed for the west in 2016...
M&L Paper Jam is reussing assets...
Hyrule Warriors Legends is a port...

The only "impressive" line-up is in Japan with DQXI, MH Stories and Yokai 3, but, the fanbase of those games is already in the platform, so I don't see many people buying more 3DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

zorg1000 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
zorg1000 said:

I don't think a bunch of sequels are going to do a whole lot for hardware. The Yokai/MonHun/Pokemon audience is already on 3DS. The lineup looks good but it mostly appeals to the current install base.

Still, this franchises have moved most of the 3DS hardware, so it might be possible to pass this year's numbers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

zorg1000 said:

Those games always boost hardware, especially in Japan. MH3G, MH4 and MH4G have all boosted the 3DS in Japan, and we can expect the same for X and Stories. Pokemon X/Y and ORAS both boosted the 3DS, and we can expect the same for Z. YW1, YW2, YW2.5 and even the spinoff YWB boosted the 3DS, so we can obviously expect the same for YW3.

Certain games won't make much of a difference after the first entry. But these games are like what Call of Duty is to the west. They will always make a difference.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Darwinianevolution said:
zorg1000 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
zorg1000 said:

Still, this franchises have moved most of the 3DS hardware, so it might be possible to pass this year's numbers.

Very unlikely tho, Pokemon X/Y have sold like 14 million and Pokemon OR/AS have sold over 10 million, if those games didn't convince fans to get a 3DS than why will Pokemon Z?

If Monster Hunter 3/4 Ultimate didn't convince someone to get a 3DS than why will Monster Hunter X?

If Yokai Watch, Yokai Watch 2, Yokai Watch Busters didn't convince someone to get a 3DS than why will Yokai Watch 3?

The 2016 lineup is to appeal to current 3DS owners, none of them have very strong system selling power.