By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 71 - Game Thread - Metal Gear - Mafia Wins!

Tagged games:

Oh yes but most importantly you were at cones house last night

Around the Network

Also, I can confirm surges role based on his post day 1 of "one or two out of the box roles is not out of the question". He directly hinted at an underused role like miller.

spurgeonryan said:
No cone it was smart, before you say splurge logic and I go off the deep end day 2. They went after easy kills hoping to get lucky. It was obvious who would be watched, no one but myself would ever watch newbs unless they post alot.

Third party, unless they are a newb, would go after a veteran to make their win easier. So that could have been the cop kill. Doubt scum would go for that day one.

See its posts like this that make spurge town, because the reasoning behind the sk kills is really bad, though he thinks he's being an ace detective. He's acting like he knows everything, and that's spurges town meta. Scum spurge usually acts really confused.

theprof00 said:
xander, cone, platina
Those 3 are on my radar specifically for focusing on the sheer number of kills last night.
One of them is a vig, one is sk, one is mafia.
I'm sure of it.

Just putting this out there because cone did indeed flip a type of vig. Xander and plating are definitely on my radar. Both lurking both acting confused.

Platina said:
outlawauron said:
Mike, Mr. Playstation, Platina, axumblade. You haz not posted on page 3 yet.

I understand it can difficult to contribute in the early stages of these games, but providing your thoughts and input is far better than not saying anything.

I use 10 posts per page though..

But last time I said something, and look where that got me :p

3 people killed all have abilities. It's either really weird coincidence or something.. I've only played Mafia variants so I didn't know there are so many roles, but I can say it's safe to assume that there is a Serial Killer, Vigilante and Mafia? Those can all kill at night so it only makes sense

Here is platina doing the same thing as zero, being surprised at there being so many roles. 

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
axumblade said:
Well that sucks (sorry for the late entry. My computer is acting up so the site is a pain to navigate via mobile sometimes).

Also, Xander, I hope to god that wasn't supposed to be a reveal. X.x we've lost enough people day one. We don't need another modkiled x.x

I've played enough Mafia to not reveal who I am. What I meant if you guys wanted Big Boss' remains.

Xander also talking about killing big boss

Mr also suspected xander, which could potentially mean xander is sk. Looking for big boss' remains? Same thing zero said? Ummm...

Mr.Playstation said:
Mike321 said:
I already said who I think should be voted, not much talk about other suspects happened so I really see no reason to keep posting until today, the final day.

Theproof brings a good point, out of my three suspects, Platina and Mr. playstation are the least active. Now platina was the last on my list but he hasn't shown up since the day I mentioned him and he hasn't claimed who he thinks did this. Mr. did said something to defend himself, then he claimed that Xander was his supect, yet he did not put a lot of reasons on the table.

They have been lurking hard, and haven't said a word about who they think did this (or care to elaborate). So like I tried to do last time, I say we focus on them (I also mentioned axum In my suspects but he has shown up the most)

Well this is our first Mafia game ( Platina's first Mafia game on VGC as mentioned in his second post and my first ever Mafia game ) so yeah it's kind of obvious that we'll be lurking ( and considering how most people haven't been that active, I wouldn't say that me and Platina are lurking hard.) 

Also why did you remove Axum from your main suspects list so easily. He has only posted one more post than me ever since you mentioned him and btw,when Platina was first called out for inactivity he quickly posted the reason why.

Mr protecting platina here.

I think my earlier post was right xander and plat, one mafia one sk.

I'd be happy lynching zero, xander, or platina. xander is likely sk, so is zero. platina is likely mafia.
Which one should we lynch?
Sk has the potential to kill mafia, and as long as sk is alive, we can't lose due to being outnumbered by mafia.
We could have a two man sk team as well, so that's something to think about.

spurgeonryan said:
A noob team would not know to go after you, but they have also been very lucky to do what they have more or less unseen. Besides what you know^

Anyone know how many more scum has to kill to win? Can't be more than 1 or 2 misslynches left. Unless they used up all their kills.

with 8 players,

if we have 2 mafia, and 1 sk, and we mislynch, and all antitown kill townies:
5 players, 3 antitown, and almost half of the players are mafia.

If we lynch correctly and mafia, and all townies die at night:
1 mafia, 1 sk, 3 townies.

If we lynch correctly and sk, and one townie dies at night:
2 mafia, 4 townies.

The change happens if antitown kill antitown.
Antitown could kill each other, leaving 1 antitown
Or we could have 1 anti kill another, leaving 2 antitown and 3 townies

Basically, in the worst case scenario and we mislynch, and mafia kills sk, and sk kills town:
Then 3 townies 2 mafia.
So we have one mislynch before it's crunch time.

The best scenario, leaving the most townies alive, is we lynch a mafia, and hope mafia and sk kill each other.

However, sk usually cannot be killed at night. So then, best case scenario is sk kills the remaining mafia, we lynch a mafia, leaving 4 town and 1 sk.
At which point, there is one mislynch available.

In any case, we only have one mislynch free and then we need to lynch correctly every time.

This is a little compounded by whether or not the sk is a team of 2 or just 1.