By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 71 - Game Thread - Metal Gear - Mafia Wins!

Tagged games:

Oh wait, clyde is a vigilante. I didn't see that. Never mind.

Around the Network
Mike321 said:
Well looks like things got interesting, I'll stick with my main suspects, Platina and Axum. Mr. defended platina back when I was arguing with him so clearly they are together. Now in Axum's case, Zero said that one of the two guys (Axum and me) that voted for Mr. was mafia voting for one of his own in order to gain the town trust. Axum voted for him after I went out of my way to exposed Mr. so if Zero's theory is true, Axum is guilty. I'm still not completely sure about Zero's theory and I'll wait until Axum says something.

The truth right now is Mr. and Platina are mafia, however both are new at this game, so in order for mafia to win they need at least one experienced player. This veteran player must be the one controlling both platina and Mr. actions. In platina's case he's been told to stay quiet and lurking, while in Mr. case he was ordered back when I called him out to go out of his way to overdefend himself so he can be the obvious target, here fits Zero's theory where in this case Axum voted for him to prove his loyalty to town.

We can get rid of platina right now or we can risk it and try to find who is behind him and Mr.

Reading back on Mr.'s actions and he did defend me.. Though his actions were quite obvious pointing him to be the Mafia (now that I look back on it), why would he defend me if he was planning to be the scapegoat?

Oh well, you'll probably target me regardless.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mike321 said:
Well looks like things got interesting, I'll stick with my main suspects, Platina and Axum. Mr. defended platina back when I was arguing with him so clearly they are together. Now in Axum's case, Zero said that one of the two guys (Axum and me) that voted for Mr. was mafia voting for one of his own in order to gain the town trust. Axum voted for him after I went out of my way to exposed Mr. so if Zero's theory is true, Axum is guilty. I'm still not completely sure about Zero's theory and I'll wait until Axum says something.

The truth right now is Mr. and Platina are mafia, however both are new at this game, so in order for mafia to win they need at least one experienced player. This veteran player must be the one controlling both platina and Mr. actions. In platina's case he's been told to stay quiet and lurking, while in Mr. case he was ordered back when I called him out to go out of his way to overdefend himself so he can be the obvious target, here fits Zero's theory where in this case Axum voted for him to prove his loyalty to town.

We can get rid of platina right now or we can risk it and try to find who is behind him and Mr.

A couple of things wrong with this though.
A vet wouldn't tell noobs to stay quiet.
Secondly, and you must be new at this, but mafia can only rarely talk during the day. Generally they can only talk at night. 
Lastly, I don't think that a player voting for someone who is obviously scum means that the voter is mafia-teammate.  We could instead think about it like this. If mafia can talk during the day, and a "vet" is controlling the mafia actions, I don't think that the call would be for axum, or axum himself to decide, to place the hammer vote. Instead he could have just not voted, and there wouldve been a no-lynch.

Furthermore, if mafia could talk during the day, I think MR. would've been ordered to tie up the votes, resulting in a no lynch.
Instead, Mr. voted for someone else instead, effectively ending his own life.

theprof00 said:
Mike321 said:

A couple of things wrong with this though.
A vet wouldn't tell noobs to stay quiet.
Secondly, and you must be new at this, but mafia can only rarely talk during the day. Generally they can only talk at night. 
Lastly, I don't think that a player voting for someone who is obviously scum means that the voter is mafia-teammate.  We could instead think about it like this. If mafia can talk during the day, and a "vet" is controlling the mafia actions, I don't think that the call would be for axum, or axum himself to decide, to place the hammer vote. Instead he could have just not voted, and there wouldve been a no-lynch.

Furthermore, if mafia could talk during the day, I think MR. would've been ordered to tie up the votes, resulting in a no lynch.
Instead, Mr. voted for someone else instead, effectively ending his own life.

Yeah I agree that's why I said I'm not completely sold on Zero's theory, Axum could have saved his vote and Mr would still be alive. Still I think someone is behind Mr. and Platina. The easy decision choice would be to take down platina and then figure out who is behind them or like we try to find out the vet first and then deal with platina.

Mike321 said:

Yeah I agree that's why I said I'm not completely sold on Zero's theory, Axum could have saved his vote and Mr would still be alive. Still I think someone is behind Mr. and Platina. The easy decision choice would be to take down platina and then figure out who is behind them or like we try to find out the vet first and then deal with platina.

Well I'm not lynching anyone outside of the three candidates I've put down, Plat, Xan, Zero.
I'm not about to try and gamble on hitting a vet. That actually is not a good idea.
In fact, it's a horrible idea.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Mike321 said:

Well I'm not lynching anyone outside of the three candidates I've put down, Plat, Xan, Zero.
I'm not about to try and gamble on hitting a vet. That actually is not a good idea.
In fact, it's a horrible idea.

Fair enough, I've suspected platina since long ago so for now it looks like I'll just vote for him and move on.

Oh really zero? because I'm a watcher. Idiot.

My vote stays. You are a liar.

zero129 said:

I bet if i go over your old games ill find much more where you acted in such a way as mafia. But thats not the point.

1. You dont buddy up to suspects prof you buddy up to people who you think could suspect you. No point in saying "look at this game here where i done this" or "this game here where i done that" when the is a generel theme with you of clearly kinda lurkin as mafia and only pushig for lynches you think you can make.

2. You seem pretty sure of how this game is set up. Exactly how do you know the is 4 killing roles?, also how do you know the is 2 anti towns??. Could it not be that the was 2 mafia with one of them maybe having a 2 shot kill (Would fit in with the theme in the first deaths since 2 people where shot that night) that maybe only worked twice the first time and now his back to only a 1 shot kill?.

3. This is where you made your mistake, You go on to say that you think the mafia players could be all newbs that dont share my confidence in your skills so thats the most likely case why your still here at the start of day 3, but then wouldnt that go against your whole theory of me being mafia? Clearly if i was mafia and "Have Confidence" in your skills like you say, id want you dead at the start not on day 3 you would of been the very first target.

4. Good i hope you do, cos so far i see your detailed reasoning as "Strange that cone repeated what auron said.
Moreover, strange that both of you anticipated I had town motives.
I don't think there's gunna be a lynch today but I'm suspicious of cone.
vote : cone gamer" LINK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7560092 .

And here "Just noticed the lynch conditions. I'm comfortable with my vote. As I don't think surge should be lynched either. He tends to be a wildcard.
Though if anyone wants a lynch I would suggest cone :) " Link: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7560096 .

Now unless the is something im missing this does not seem like good reasons to lynch someone. In fact Cone even predicted that you where asking questions just to kill them when he said  "I'm also male. Though I have an idea why you're doing this other than to kill time." LINK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7559360

And then he came up with a very good theory about why you where asking if people where male or female  (And if your mafia this question that you asked makes even more sense) when cone replyed "Well it helps you spot out contradictions. Moreover we're playing a Metal Gear game. There's not many women in that series who could be in this and Trucks is a maniac, and I found a certain someone in the Medical Platform yesterday in MGSV who would make an interesting role... 

Maybe I'm overthinking it however. " LINK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7560016

Now the important part in his theory is where he said "the is not many women in the series who could be in this" . since it would allow you to figure out who might have a role and who doesnt (But imo i think everyone in this game has a Role) .

5. Yes i did say that, and whats wrong with me asking that question? clearly it seemed like Xanter might of scanned a mafia player, Could it be that your big boss??, As for the 2nd part of your post if it was a thing that he did confirm he scanned a mafia player i could then protect him. Oh yeah see i do have a role ill even do a role call if you wish. Im the town bodyguard meaning im the town protecter!.

6. And that leads me into your new post where you said "I was protected night one this game, I know that for a fact. 100%." LINK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7579676 is bullshit since i didnt protect you. So unless we have 2 town protecters something i dont think is likely at all you are clearly the SK or you are mafia..

7. As for your post to me here where you say "I'm not wasting any more of my time talking to you.  You can either vote with me or against me, the end of the game will tell who was unskilled and who was not." LINK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7579669

Why would i want to vote with you (You trying to buddy up to me again?) when i can now see that you have clearly lied?, in fact i now no longer suspect anyone on your list and in fact think the is a very high chance they are town. I think your skills have failed you in this game Prof, maybe your gone rusty from being gone.. 

8. Thats right im not done yet. Its also funny how Mario died the same night he said he suspected you "Prof is looking very suspicious to me. Leaning scum for him. Just a hunch. LINK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7558595

And is even more funny that Cone died Night 2 after Voting for you, Clearly you knew you would try get away with the "Why would i make my self look suspect like that by killing someone who voted for me" But you see, thats exactly what you would do cos your a long time player who knows the would be a pretty high chance of you getting away with it by using that excuse.

But imo your biggest give away is now claiming you where protected when clearly you where not, its also funny how everyone who started to question you has ended up dead when your voting for them or trying to place suspicions on them didnt work. Something you are now trying to do with me, Well thats not going to work on me cos you cant kill me prof i can use my power to also protect myself something i did last night!.

And thats also why i found it strange that everyone that died has had a power since it has made me think that everyone in this game has a power.

Anyway i feel very good about my vote on you now and if no one else cant see your scummy ways after this i dont know what to say.

1. I buddy up to suspects to keep them alive. The fact that you can't even recount games you've been in, where I'm wildly firing accusations at everyone should be some indication that you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you remember the game where I was buddy buddy with happydolphin and then tore into him day 3? It was a pretty big game. I've done the same with hatmoza and countless others. Better to buddy and appear to not be a threat when you have an important role.

2. Yes I'm very sure there was 4 killing roles. How do I know? Simple knowledge....really simple basic knowledge that a "vet" and I use the term loosely, such as yourself, should already see. 
a)there is a vig
b) there is a desperado
c) we have a flame based killer (which is not the end, who is a sniper)
d) we had three deaths night one
e) ergo, vig shot night one. mafia shot night one, desperado did not, sk shot night one. 

3. I never said you were "mafia". I said you were sk. Additionally, you'd know better than to kill me.

4. Day 1 and I believed that was all I needed to lynch cone. Mario's vote on spurge wasn't even a real one, it was a joke vote. Secondly, cone did NOT say that. He said he believed there were reasons "OTHER than to kill" Is english your first language, because it doesn't appear so. In fact, my supporting evidence for voting cone was BECAUSE he thought of reasons OTHER than for killing.

5. Why would big boss be mafia? That doesn't even make sense.

6. Clearly you're the liar here, since I was protected. 

7. I would say you've gone rusty, if I thought you ever had skill to begin with.

8. Yeah, or maybe your plan has been to paint me as scum this entire time, by killing people I'm involved with, eh?

Most importantly, bodyguards cannot protect themselves. You are 100% liar.

Bodyguards cannot protect themselves.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bodyguard

The whole purpose of a bodyguard is that the bodyguard dies in place of the person who is targetted. A bodyguard who protects themselves dies according to the role function.
"A Bodyguard is a role who can target a player at Night to protect them. However, if the protected player is supposed to be killed, the Bodyguard is killed instead ("taking the bullet" for them, as it were)."

You are an sk who cannot be killed at night. Which is typical for sk role.
"Serial Killers are often given One-Shot or unlimited Bulletproof. This stymies attempts to kill the SK by the Mafia or Vigs, if temporarily."
wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Serial_Killer