By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 manufacturer to build 500,000 Xbox 360s a month (1 of 3 manufacturers)

Before Wistron pulled out the breakdown in production was 40% Wistron, 40% Flextronics, and 20% Celestica.  It would be interesting to see what the new breakdown is (obviously Asustek has a very significant part of it).

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29951/PS3-manufacturer-wins-Xbox-360-contract

PS3 manufacturer wins Xbox 360 contract

Around the Network

wow, i thought asus already manufactured 360's. they manufacture for lots of electronics.

500,000 a month? Ummm lol. Anyone else see something wrong with that number?

Jandre002 said:

There is nothing wrong with that number. There main manufacturer left because of such small profit per product made. If you assume they are going to sell exactly 6m this year (which I'm sure they will sell more), then they need 0.5m/month.

Realisticly, they sold ~15m last calander year.  So that is ~1.25m units per month needed. So 0.5m a month + whatever the other suppliers are manufacturing and they are all set.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Still these supposed "supply constraints" eh? lol

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Jandre002 said:

There is nothing wrong with that number. There main manufacturer left because of such small profit per product made. If you assume they are going to sell exactly 6m this year (which I'm sure they will sell more), then they need 0.5m/month.

Realisticly, they sold ~15m last calander year. So that is ~1.25m units per month needed. So 0.5m a month + whatever the other suppliers are manufacturing and they are all set.

WTF????

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Jan 2007 to 29th Dec 2007:

ConsoleX360
Total

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Squall_Leonhart said:
Still these supposed "supply constraints" eh? lol

Good grief, do u ppl even read? First of the topic was written in the future tense, which implies an action yet to happen. How on this green earth could u take this news and make that asinine correlation  to the supposed supply constraints is beyond me? Guess spme ppl just post for posting sake.

OT: So they running only to two factories since winstron pulled out.

nordlead said:
Jandre002 said:

Realisticly, they sold ~15m last calander year.  So that is ~1.25m units per month needed. So 0.5m a month + whatever the other suppliers are manufacturing and they are all set.

Ohhh I thought they were just adding that their current suppliers. I didnt know they had a major one up and leave. That makes sense.

why they should be wrong with that numbers????????

krik said:
nordlead said:
Jandre002 said:

Realisticly, they sold ~15m last calander year. So that is ~1.25m units per month needed. So 0.5m a month + whatever the other suppliers are manufacturing and they are all set.

WTF????

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Jan 2007 to 29th Dec 2007:

ConsoleX360
Total

crap, I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. I was right that 500,000 isn't a wrong number though.

EDIT: I had the wrong start date because my clicking skills suck  

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)