By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 manufacturer to build 500,000 Xbox 360s a month (1 of 3 manufacturers)

Good to see that a new company is being added to the mix. 500,000 X360's a month, plus Flextronics and Celestica should be enough to keep with X360 demand.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

why the hell is one manufacterer building almost more than they sell per month, how many are the other two making and how many does MS leave in the warehouse???

If they expect to sell over 12million this year, then 500k per month is half the required production. 12million for this year is certainly doable.

Tease.

well, this is okay I guess....

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

they r neva going 2 sell 12mill x360 dis year, neva neva neva, only if they sold then 4 like 20 pounds each/ bout 40 USD lol

Around the Network

Is there any product which is not made in china now - how do they do it ?

Agreed The PS3 will easily defeat the X360 if it was dropped on top - it weighs almost twice as much.

PS3 number 1 fan

Squall_Leonhart said:
Still these supposed "supply constraints" eh? lol

Aso remember the Sony fandom has been complaining of supply contrainsts of the 80GB SKU of the PS3, so don't count yourself out of this mess you make light of. Excuses are made on all sides and this thread is merely a news update, not a justification or an excuse for anything reflected directly in the market as is.

nordlead said:
Jandre002 said:
500,000 a month? Ummm lol. Anyone else see something wrong with that number?

There is nothing wrong with that number. There main manufacturer left because of such small profit per product made. If you assume they are going to sell exactly 6m this year (which I'm sure they will sell more), then they need 0.5m/month.

Realisticly, they sold ~15m last calander year.  So that is ~1.25m units per month needed. So 0.5m a month + whatever the other suppliers are manufacturing and they are all set.

In fact you are wrong ,last calendar year they sold about 7-8 million consoles .Producing 500 000 monthly only by the Asustek owned companies  assures them they will have looots of unsold consoles and they wont be able to use the stock issuesn excuses  ever again .

the number is not an issue, it ensures a plentiful supply. Most likely this will benefit them greatly during the holiday season.

obieslut said:
they r neva going 2 sell 12mill x360 dis year, neva neva neva, only if they sold then 4 like 20 pounds each/ bout 40 USD lol

what lassie? little timmy's in the well! let's go!

(seriously though, wtf are you typing like a 9-year-old on a sugar rush?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive