By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Quick question guys. Based on what we know. And acknowledging the popularity of Halo, do you think that the Xbox One or PS4 will win October?

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Quick question guys. Based on what we know. And acknowledging the popularity of Halo, do you think that the Xbox One or PS4 will win October?

I've always thought the XB1 would win October and whilst I'm still sticking with that prediction, it's not quite as obvious as I'd expected. Ther COULD be an upset depending on how Sony react to the imminent launch of Halo. I don't think they need a price cut, just added incentives with the bundles they already offer.

The PS5 Exists. 

CosmicSex said:

Since the beginning of the year I had absolutely no doubt that the month Halo 5 release, microsoft is winning that NPD. And I was still confident about this until the start of the month and seeing the trend on amazon. I still think microsoft will win October, but I won't bet money on it. Ask me the same question 2 weeks ago and I would have bet money on microsoft

Tag. Halo bundle moving up. I still think PS4 could win. Everyime it was thought XB1 would win a month because of X reason, it never did. I think 3 weeks of PS4 leading will be enough to edge this months win.

Oh man i see someone brought up competition. lol......that's the most overused and unnecessary word used this generation. News flash; Competition is already happening. That's why PS4 is dominating the market. Consumers have made their choice. Being close in sales is not Competition.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

I've always thought the XB1 would win October and whilst I'm still sticking with that prediction, it's not quite as obvious as I'd expected. Ther COULD be an upset depending on how Sony react to the imminent launch of Halo. I don't think they need a price cut, just added incentives with the bundles they already offer.

I agree for the most part but I think the reason why it isn't obvious has to to with the $500 price tag.  Also, there is the issue that no one talks about... the fact that its not really about the Xbox One selling more, but really more about the PS4 selling less.   They have to find a way to slow down the PS4 first

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

I agree for the most part but I think the reason why it isn't obvious has to to with the $500 price tag.  Also, there is the issue that no one talks about... the fact that its not really about the Xbox One selling more, but really more about the PS4 selling less.   They have to find a way to slow down the PS4 first

Well ... I think we've already seen an attempt to slow PS4 sales down but it hasn't worked. I think those bundles from MS have inflated prices so that they can cut the price and make it look like a decent pricecut.

The PS5 Exists. 

If the XB1 does not win this month, it will be the fault of microsoft and nobody else. I have no clue why there is no Halo 5 $350 bundle, maybe even with MCC added. If that bundle was out there, it would be sat in the top 5 now. Lots of people on these forums were saying it was on lock and any PGW price cut wouldn't change the rush. Right now I couldn't pick a winner. It is hard to get a true picture just yet, because there will be a fair few pre orders for the LE Halo 5 bundle from the last few months.

IMO Paris Games Week could be this month's decider. Just imagine what would happen IF Sony would announce a $50 pricecut available the day after for every single bundle.

Jaxyfoo said:
If the XB1 does not win this month, it will be the fault of microsoft and nobody else. I have no clue why there is no Halo 5 $350 bundle, maybe even with MCC added. If that bundle was out there, it would be sat in the top 5 now. Lots of people on these forums were saying it was on lock and any PGW price cut wouldn't change the rush. Right now I couldn't pick a winner. It is hard to get a true picture just yet, because there will be a fair few pre orders for the LE Halo 5 bundle from the last few months.

Oh God this so much.  The only logical conclusion is a @299 Black Friday bundle with Halo 5.  

The biggest barrier for them is not the content but the $500 price tag.  We have seen the Xbox One sell very well in the past, but it was always inspired by price point and not content.   Microsoft can lower the price at any point and even offer Halo 5 with the MCC bundle that already sells at $350.   Ultimately, it may be a situation where they can generate way more revenue at their current price point offerings and that can not be ignored by any business.   They ultimate goal for a business is to offer a product at the highest price that doesn't hinder demand.   The idea is to maximize revenue. 

I don't think there is any chance of all bundles being cut myself. If there is a price cut, I think it will just be for the basic model. The other bundles are selling fine as they are, and the extra $100 can be justified by the $60 game that comes with it, the special design of the console and double the storage space.