By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ‘New Xbox One Experience’ Speed Comparisons; More Than 50% Faster, Outperforming PS4 UI

" Just for testing purposes sometimes I did the same task twice on the consoles – and the results were always a little bit different due to variable loading or delay times. I just wrote down all the times from the very first test. So this is just for fun and nothing that people should take too serious, especially since this is still in Beta. The measurements were done quick and dirty. People may get better or worse times depending on their button click performance, HDD and internet connection. I should add that I’m on a 50 Mbit connection with a 13 ms ping. The main reason why the NXOE is faster on pretty much everything is the new Guide that gets pretty much instantly snapped and performs very smooth after todays update. It scrolls instantly, there is no delay between switching from party to friendlist and the overall menu transition animations are much shorter. The PS4 UI is also super smooth and the differences are pretty minor here. "

Around the Network

This thread will be interesting.

Such and incredible and important improvement, a real life changer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Phil Spencer didnt fix anything... he was hired to talk and talk (trying to fix MS image and talk alot about PS4 like we saw several pass week) this what he is paid for!

assclown said:
Phil Spencer didnt fix anything... he was hired to talk and talk (trying to fix MS image and talk alot about PS4 like we saw several pass week) this what he is paid for!

He reduced the price and created the preview program whic is now used on windows 10 etc. Hes done a lot you're just to ignorant to admit it.

Around the Network

Hmm. I never noticed how slow it was before. Thankfully I'm in the preview program.

the real question is, did they fix the bootup time? if not then these points are kinda moot.

jason1637 said:
assclown said:

He reduced the price and created the preview program whic is now used on windows 10 etc. Hes done a lot you're just to ignorant to admit it.

Just leave it bro. Everyone knows he's wrong. No point sacrificing the thread. 

Tachikoma said:
the real question is, did they fix the bootup time? if not then these points are kinda moot.

I'm not really fussed about cold boot, however I really hope standby power up time is better. 

Cant wait to try it out. The OS was the only thing left that needed to be fixed. Looks like they have done it.