By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac: Sunset Overdrive PS4 release could have had advantages, MS's support was very good

- Insomniac Games Game Director Drew Murray was asked about an imaginary scenario where Sunset Overdrive could have had a PS4 release and Murray responded:

So Micro's user-research labs and marketing did the trick for Insomniac.

What possible advantages may Murray be referring to? Can you imagine some?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 12 November 2019

Where's that PS4 port? One of the few interesting XOne exclusives.

I just hope we get to see a SO2. I loved the mechanics, the artstyle and the crazyness.

I don't see anything in the OP.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't see anything in the OP.

There is a tweet in OP.

Some times tweets don't show up, then I come back another time and it is there.

I couldn't see the tweet either when I entered here.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

PotentHerbs said:
Where's that PS4 port? One of the few interesting XOne exclusives.

Yeah, I kind of assumed it would be here by now... Not quite good enough to buy an Xbox One for by the looks of things though

With Halo Wars 2 and Gears Ultimate Edition coming to PC, I'm still happy with what I've got

With Ratchet and Clank PS4 and the Edge of Nowhere for Rift (and more?) it doesn't look like a sequel is coming any time soon

The game on X1 I'd want on PS4. My guess is odds are slim, but maybe a sequel will be multi-platform.

In my opinion, the best -real- exclusive available on XBoxOne. And will probably never reach the 1million mark on VGChartz.

The game could have performed and sold better on PS4.

Bad luck Insomniac Games, the statyed on PS3 camp when the 360 was dominating and then moved to XB1 when the PS4 in on top.

Bristow9091 said:

Not that I want to start a war or anything here, but does anyone think we could ever see Sunset Overdrive come to the PS4 in one way or another sometime in the future? (Kinda' how we eventually got Mass Effect on the PS3 despite being published by Microsoft beforehand)

It's possible but I wouldn't count on it.