By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Undertale is now the #1 PC game of all time on Metacritic

Ultrashroomz said:
Bman54 said:
Then again, it only has 9 reviews.

This.

Uh, so what? Is there anything in the content of the 9 reviews that you think another 20 reviews would say different?

I'm interested to hear an argument along those lines - just "this" isn't really helping.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Dat description in the game though...no wonder it got its scores.....GOTY confirmed.

Welcome to UNDERTALE. In this RPG, you control a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. Now you must find your way out... or stay trapped forever.

features:

• Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system. 
  • Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters. 
  • Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality. 
  • Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor. 
  • Created mostly by one person. 
  • Become friends with all of the bosses! 
  • At least 5 dogs. 
  • You can date a skeleton. 
  • Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...? 
  • Maybe you won't want to date the skeleton. 
  • I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog. 
  • If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it.

If only this was a retail game and those descriptions were on the back. 

Good game with a great concept but as far as mechanics go, this is barely mediocre. It just shows the very subjective nature of reviews where big WOW moments in the game override its failures.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Soleron said:
Ultrashroomz said:

This.

Uh, so what? Is there anything in the content of the 9 reviews that you think another 20 reviews would say different?

I'm interested to hear an argument along those lines - just "this" isn't really helping.

Because that's too small of a sample size. It's getting great reviews, yes, but saying it's "officially" the #1 PC game ever based on that small a number of reviews is misleading. It's not enough opinions to really say that yet. For all you know, 20 more reviews could say completely the opposite, and that would drastically affect the average. That's kind of why I like GameRankings more. Their "Best Ever" list only counts games with 20+ reviews, because that's a better sample size.

It deserves it. Best RPG I've played in years. I can't recommend it enough.

Around the Network

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

badgenome probably fapped after finding out.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

What's that? Even further proof that critic aggregate sites are a joke? How good. Reminds me of when people said the social network is better than the godfather.

Games are graded on a curve... Price and developer are generally taken into consideration.

It also doesn't have that many reviews, so it's not totally fair take this average as indicating that it's the best.