By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seattle Sounders FC sponsor Xbox to add promotional "Halo 5" to tops

outlawauron said:

Check this out.

Soccer is more popular in the US than people realize, as our raw numbers are quite good. The stigma exists because of the NFL and that there's 320 million people living here....

Been a great year for the league.  Biggest signs are not just at the top, but how far we've moved in past decade away from worrying about sub 10K attendances several clubs had too often.  In the next ten years I saw more clubs getting to 90-100% capacity in these 15-25K stadiums and not worrying about weather or other factors like did in old days.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:
alrightiwill said:

Check this out.

Soccer is more popular in the US than people realize, as our raw numbers are quite good. The stigma exists because of the NFL and that there's 320 million people living here....

That link makes me wonder, WTF did San Jose do to get an attendance of 50k when their average is less than half of that?

They held a game an alternate venue. They do that in some cases for big games or events so that they can take advantage of larger demands. For the instance of 50k attendance, they had the game at Levi's Stadium (where the San Francisco 49ers play).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.