By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope: Workers Have 'Human Right' to Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

A person can object to handing out marriage licences to gay couples, what they can't do is refused to allow them to marry, which is what that person was doing, was she not? It is my human right to also think basic understanding and respect should be held by all people and someone's own religious beliefs should not hinder that of another person's happiness.

She cannot refused to even allow it, she can object to it.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Weird. Is it temporary, or has the issue already been settled, trial and everything? (I think I read that it was going to court.)

Weird indeed. They allowed her to continue working without having to sign gay couples' certificate, other employees do that.

I think she is going to court again for alledgedly erasing stuff off marriage documents.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

The pope is a hypocrite, he just uses this human right speech to accomodate his agenda. He and the chuch that he leads more times than not act in contardiction of what they preach.

Anyway, the legal right of anybody to marry can't be in danger because someone thinks it's not right (specially because the excuse of going against their religious beliefs is absurd since the goverment and religion are supposed to be separate) if they are not ok with an specific law then do not get a job that especifically requires you to do just that or resign. Pretty simple really.

I don't think many people understand.

Being a Christian means that YOU cannot get married to the same sex, it doesn't mean that OTHER people can't if they want.

That's like being Vegetarian and saying "Because I'm vegetarian I'm not going to serve you meat".

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

He talks about women in the article btw. I'm amazed you didn't use that part to create another thread

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Thank you, Pope Francis, for hastening the inevitable demise of your fellowship.

If she'd refused to serve them because they were Christians would it still have been her human right?

Never said:
If she'd refused to serve them because they were Christians would it still have been her human right?

I'm guessing not. In that case the pope would most likely view it as religious oppression. 

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Thank you, Pope Francis, for hastening the inevitable demise of your fellowship.

I hear that. It's funny how religions tend to view restrictions on them oppressing other people as a form of being oppressed themselves.

Pope " You won't let Kim Davis violate other people's human rights, your violating her human rights."

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Of course, everyone has the right to refuse to issue a gay marriage license. No one is forcing someone to keep a job that conflicts with their conscience. Like any job, you can choose to be there and perform it, or you can choose to quit. No one has the right to get paid for a job that they won't perform.

It's not difficult.