By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UK Xbox 360 sales up 40%

If there is a 40% sales increase over a weekend, then the week after the sales will increase even more. They said it themselves : they didn't even have time to advertise the whole thing. I see Microsoft doing just fine in Europe from now on ( lower than PS3 & Wii but not by far )

Around the Network
krik said:
For me, 40% is not that good. Actually it's pretty bad for the first weekend after a 100 Euro price cut. Also UK > rest of Europe so it will most likely be less than 40% boost outside UK.

On top of all that GT5P will be release in 2 or 3 weeks and that will push the PS3 way ahead again.

MS is betting a lot with 100 euro price drop to stay competitive in Europe but if this 40% boost proves to be correct they will lose their bet.

IT was an 80 Euro price cut.  They said themselves that they didn't have time to advertise it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Given the 40% was for UK which is much more 360 centric that rest of Europe, I don't think this looks like translating to much of a difference going forward.

My bet is that most of rest of Europe won't see as big a spike and that sales will level off down close to where they were before drop.

When GT5:P hits the PS3 will likely make up whatever ground it losses to the price cut plus extra.

Sure a lower price will drive some more sales - but I just don't think enough demand is present in Europe/Others for 360 even at lower price vs strong demand for Wii and rising demand for PS3.

Still... could be wrong... next 2 weeks will tell all regarding impact of price change.

BTW am I alone in thinking the 'didn't have time to advertise' is a bit lame.  That means they rushed the change rather than had everything prepared.  After mistiming supply recently admiting you rushed a price cut simply gives another example of not running the ship as well as you could.  It also implies to me that their is an element of 'knee jerk' reaction in the price cut - anyone else think this?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I agree with Reasonable 100%

no, u are not alone,
They had the time in fact, AT LEAST in UK, to make some offer with some retailer. Since 1 week, all the web know the price drop is coming.
Also, I think people gamers discuss together so everybody knew (IN UK !!)
that a price drop was coming. In others EUROPE countries were Xbox360 is less popular, YES, advertising for the price drop is needed (france/germany/spain/italy)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

At least right now they are doing some advertising. I've seen several "199 reasons for an x-box 360" commercials during the weekend here in germany. (The X-Box 360 is 199 € now.)

Imagine a whole week in the UK with price cut having an impact? This was like only one or two days. The sales will improve for a few weeks than flatten out.

just 40% is a disaster with that kind of significant price drop, 80€. This really shows x360 is a lost cause in europe. The price drop will work for another week in uk, but then it fades. And for the rest of europe the price drop hardly makes any impact.

It's game over for x360 in europe!

Buy a X360 now, while you still can (and works)!

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

boycop said:
just 40% is a disaster with that kind of significant price drop, 80€. This really shows x360 is a lost cause in europe. The price drop will work for another week in uk, but then it fades. And for the rest of europe the price drop hardly makes any impact.

No they didn't advertise, i think even with advertising it won't help much, wait until next week.  If there is no significant boost then game over for 360 in EU.

Auron said:
boycop said:

No they didn't advertise, i think even with advertising it won't help much, wait until next week. If there is no significant boost then game over for 360 in EU.

So the 360 won't feature in the March 29th "Others" figures if there isn't a significant boost in the 22nd figures?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS