By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Paper Mario

Is it worth buying SPM. I played Thousand year door and loved it, but I hear mixed things about SPM. I love the whole 2d/3d flip thing but is it really hard to get in to as I have been led to believe and is there really that much text.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Nah, TTYD is the best in the series... I've got Super Paper Mario on Wii for like 6 months now... But i haven't played past the intro yet... So no! Don't buy! Only if its 30$...

EDIT: And yes, played a ton of TTYD! That game was (and is) totally awesome!

THE NETHERLANDS

SPM is great loved it TTYD was just as great but they both have their qualities that I like equally, SPM is more of the action RPG while TTYD is the traditional RPG, both great but I love the action of SPM. Negative YES THERE IS THAT MUCH TEXT, but quite a bit of it is comedy gold O'Chunks kills me every time. If you like a pretty cool story, old school Mario games, like action RPGs, don't mind reading and/or pressing the button to skip through text a lot, then you should pick SPM ASAP.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

It's a good game, some of the writing is the best I've seen (for a game). There are certain stages that are pure magic and a few that could have used a major overhaul. All in all though it was an enjoyable experience.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Thanks guys. I'll be picking it up in the next couple of weeks.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
NintendoMan said:
Thanks guys. I'll be picking it up in the next couple of weeks.

Nooooo!... Lol, it's a good game i guess... Just haven't played it yet (as you can see in my other post)...

But TTYD was still better ^^... 

THE NETHERLANDS

^ how can you say it's better if you haven't played it ? =D

it's a great game with great dialogues ... i love how nobody remembers Luigi's name ... they always call him mr. green  :D 

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Post edited. This game rocks. woohoo

@DarkNight
Well some things that could have been done better is partially due to it being originally developed for the GC and ported to Wii last minute and then axing the GC version. If you mean all the text then yeah that shouldn't have gotten past the original stages but I think its great throughout, geek lizard = win, Peach turning down geek lizard in mini date sim = double win.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@MaxwellGT2000: Don't be so quick to attack, I wasn't talking about the text (which I mostly loved). My issues were with some of the blander stages, like the last level in the game. That level was boring to go through. There were a few other levels that were just not as good as the great Geek Lizards lair or the first level with "I am error".

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.