By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple sells blockbuster 13 million iPhone 6s, 6s Plus units in launch weekend

- Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said about new iphone sales in the first 3 days:

"Sales for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus have been phenomenal, blowing past any previous first weekend sales results in Apple's history,"

- about consumer feedback he said:

"Customers' feedback is incredible and they are loving 3D Touch and Live Photos, and we can't wait to bring iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus to customers in even more countries on October 9."

- Apple smashed last year's record of 10 million iPhones sold in the weekend launch, but this year included China while last year didn't

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/09/28/apple-sells-blockbuster-13-million-iphone-6s-6s-plus-units-in-launch-weekend

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Not surprised that they broke last years numbers when those numbers didn't include Apples biggest (or second biggest, not quite sure) market.

only 13 million. their stock will drop for sure.

Not sure how it's gonna play out for 6s.

Flat or slightly down YOY on the long run is the most probable scenario. It doesn't take away from how amazing these numbers are though. Congrats to Apple. Let's see how Apple TV will do.

I still think that the extreme hype is slowly decreasing. Sure still great numbers and congrats to them, but the media coverage and the extreme hype is not as big as it was three years ago. At least here in Germany.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I remember when everyone was crazy about Apple and iPhones. Seeing less and less of them now and less and less talked about as well

StarOcean said:
I remember when everyone was crazy about Apple and iPhones. Seeing less and less of them now and less and less talked about as well

What? iPhones have never been more popular... 

Maybe you are just too used to them or you are not paying enough attention lol

LurkerJ said:
StarOcean said:

Nah, at my high school they were all the rage up until a few years ago. They're in the biggest decline I've ever seen. Plus when I hang out at the mall or go to a store I don't see people carrying iPhones or iPads, you see Samsung and other branded tablets. I wouldn't blame them, iPhones are garbage. I'd change mine out for something better but I don't want to lose my purchases

It's quite baffling how many resources we waste on electronic gadgets when we think about it.

13 million phones. How many of those were upgrades from last year. Good golly.

StarOcean said:
LurkerJ said:

Nah, at my high school they were all the rage up until a few years ago. They're in the biggest decline I've ever seen. Plus when I hang out at the mall or go to a store I don't see people carrying iPhones or iPads, you see Samsung and other branded tablets. I wouldn't blame them, iPhones are garbage. I'd change mine out for something better but I don't want to lose my purchases

Oh. lol. Well, for your information the iPhone is by far the most popular smartphone almost everywhere. iPads sales are declining, sure, like every other tablet, but they are still the most popular tablets everywhere too.

Excuse me if I take your highly inaccurate observation with a grain of salt and stick to the facts and numbers.

As for "iPhones are garbage", that's your personal opinion and funny enough, it's probably the only part in your post that worth paying attention to because the rest is false