By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 has a ROCK SOLID performance (Digital Foundry)

Goodnightmoon said:

The OP talks about performance not about graphic power, and there is already some subjects trying to find the bad side, of course it has to be some sacrifices when you have a rock solid 60 fps, but the overall preview of the game, graphic and performance wise, is very possitive in the article, wich is what I refelct on the OP, while some others are already calling it a mess because some obvious sacrifices that does not affect gameplay at all.

This is a DF article and you've misrepresented it by quoting only what YOU want to quote. You've missed out all the nagatives in order to promote the one positive. You have absolutely no right whatsoever to accuse someone else of 'reading what you want.'  If anyone is to be accused of that then you are first in line.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Hilarious, you make a thread about performance and people shits on you because the OP talks only about performance.

And i have been called biased when I did not had a xbox console in my whole life LMFAO

There you have all the information updated so haters are able to chose what they want to hear.

SP will be fine, its the multiplayer that need to be tested.

Goodnightmoon said:
Hilarious, you make a thread about performance and people shits on you because the OP talks only about performance.

And i have been called biased when I did not had a xbox console in my whole life LMFO

There you have all the information updated so haters are able to chose what they want to hear.

It's not about choosing what you want to hear, it's about having all the information instead of one cherry picked detail. You are accusing people of the very thing you are guilty of.

The PS5 Exists. 

Goodnightmoon said:

"While these issues are significant, this is the reality of aiming for 60fps in a game like Halo 5. Dialling up frame-rate at the expense of image quality is a brave move and one that is sure to stir up controversy bearing in mind the visual trade-offs, but arguably, this is the best choice for a shooter - it's a decision that puts the quality of the gameplay first. Microsoft is aiming to position the new Halo as a major eSports franchise, where a rock-solid 60fps is absolutely crucial in a console title"

You only read what you want.

The one in bold is the only truth abouth this thread.  :D

Still, this thing puzzles me technically. How is the game going to predict that the resolution has to be reduced? Is it going to measure a couple of frames and if it sees there is a drop in performances it drops the resolution accordingly?

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

And i have been called biased when I did not had a xbox console in my whole life LMFO

Performance is the most important thing for a esport shooter. Counter strike go graphics looks meh, but it is still one of the most funnest fps I've ever played. Killzone shadow fall looks great, but the game sucked because it was boring. Halo 5 being 60 fps for multiplayer is way more important especially since it is trying to be an esport game.

Goodnightmoon said:

Is it that difficult for you to get it?

Performance in this case is closely related to the sacrifices they made to the IQ. The fact that you dismiss everything that balances the facts about the performance of the game exposes your agenda even further than the vile tone and choice of words of your thread starter. 

You should refrain yourself from making reactory threads like this. You make it way too obvious that you're only here to antagonize people. Speaking of them people, who are they? The ones you claim they wish for the game to be rushed and broken? 

GribbleGrunger said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It's not about choosing what you want to hear, it's about having all the information instead of one cherry picked detail. You are accusing people of the very thing you are guilty of.

Not at all, I was only interested on the performance, not in in how beutifull looks in the pictures in order to sell the game, and I only made this thread for that, because usually a game with a very solid performance like this one shows a lot of care about the gameplay experience, so that´s what I wanted to express, the game can hardly be broken if they put this amount of care in the gameplay experience, the fact that there are sacrifices to achieve that on the quality image is obvious, for Microsoft or for Nintendo, both sacrifice things to make their games perform better instead of look better, Splatoon had a ton of sacrifices too, but at the end the game looks nice and perform great, you don´t stop to see the little flowers on the floor while playing so some sacrifices on the image quality does not affect the game.

Goodnightmoon said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Not at all, I was only interested on the performance, not in in how beutifull looks in the pictures in order to sell the game, and I only made this thread for that, because usually a game with a very solid performance like this one shows a lot of care about the gameplay experience, so that´s what I wanted to express, the game can hardly be broken if they put this amount of care in the gameplay experience, the fact that there are sacrifices to achieve that on the quality image is obvious, for Microsoft or for Nintendo, both sacrifice things to make their games perform better instead of look better, Splatoon had a ton of sacrifices too, but at the end the game looks nice and perform great, you don´t stop to see the little flowers on the floor while playing so some sacrifices on the image quality does not affect the game.

Shhh. Thats logic and it doesn't belong here. There is a reason why Forza 6 scored better than games like drive club. They put 60fps and gameplay above graphics. There is a reason why people play COD a lot and sells a lot as well. They put 60 fps above graphics. Or another great example is Titan Fall. FPS is much more important than graphics.

Snoopy said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Shhh. Thats logic and it doesn't belong here. There is a reason why Forza 6 scored better than games like drive club. They put 60fps and gameplay above graphics. There is a reason why people play COD a lot and sells a lot as well. They put 60 fps above graphics. 

Yes. Because the only important gameplay aspect in any game is to run at 60fps. If it doesn't, the developer isn't offering any gameplay.

That's the logic you're referring to. Right?