By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 has a ROCK SOLID performance (Digital Foundry)

Aerys said:
Funny to say that when they sacrified a part of the gameplay removing split creen

Sad some people are not clever enough to understand image quality is part of the gameplay

We are clever enought to know your intentions though.

Around the Network

Funny to say people are downplaying too hard to Halo 5, can't accept that it will be an amazing game :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:
Funny to say that when they sacrified a part of the gameplay removing split creen

Sad some people are not clever enough to understand image quality is part of the gameplay

"[insert here] whatever makes my system and games it gets shine OR whatever makes the other system and its games look worse"

Game is going to be great for Halo fans that's for sure or rather I hope it's great, this world doesn't need more broken or rushed games for whatever reasons.

Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:

Not clever enough to write well it seems.

And funny coming from someone like you to read this

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Goodnightmoon said:

"[insert here] whatever makes my system and games it gets shine OR whatever makes the other system and its games look worse"

It's good you learn to face your true nature , finally

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:

Not clever enough to write well it seems.

And funny coming from someone like you to read this

Clever enough to learn English by myself with the help of no one though, some mistakes are inevitable but the fact that you feel the need to remark a single bad written word of my comment says a lot.

Well, this thread has certainly gone off the rails. I'll be blunt: The next person to say something off-topic, whether that be in reply to someone else, a comment about the behavior of others, or people's English abilities (seriously?), will be moderated.

If you think you're about to make a comment similar to what is described above, stare at this gif until you feel the urge disappear and replaced by a need to hug the kitten.

Zekkyou said:

Well, this thread has certainly gone off the rails. I'll be blunt: The next person to say something off-topic, whether that be in reply to someone else, a comment about the behavior of others, or people's English abilities (seriously?), will be moderated.

If you think you're about to make a comment similar to what is described above, stare at this gif until you feel the urge disappear and replaced by a need to hug the kitten.

This mod is a fraud, look the mustache comes off.

walsufnir said:
Pemalite said:
Gah. I dislike Dynamic Resolution. Hopefully if I set the console to 720P it will disable it.

Oh, this could actually be interesting, yes. Please share your findings :)

Alright. My findings are... You cannot disable it.

You can have a 640x480 CRT monitor.
You could have a 8k 16:9 monitor.
The console will *always* render at the same resolution. (Which fluctuates between 1152x810 all the way up to a full 1080. Although seems to be a bit more gradual in the way it transitions.)

What happens is the scaler does it's "thing".
It will just downscale or upscale the rendered image.

Granted at 720P it doesn't seem to be as nearly as noticeable, but it is still there.
Some game modes are more obvious than others such as warzone where it feels like it's closer to 720P than 1080P.

Graphically, the game feels like a massive let down for me, but it's hard for any console to impress me I guess, so it's not really fair.
But with that said... I am enjoying the Multiplayer rather muchly, which is in stark contrast to Halo 4 where I shelved it pretty quickly.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--