By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Venezuela wants to claim 40% of Guyana's territory after significant oil discovery in Guyana, UN is trying mediate

It seems like all the tension has concluded, both countries have restablished normal relations. At least for now, of course, anything can change by tomorrow. http://www.telesurtv.net/news/Embajadores-de-Venezuela-y-Guyana-regresan-a-sus-labores-20150927-0037.html

"It's impossible for Guyana to attack Venezuela," he said. "Venezuela has armed forces of over 112,000, compared with Guyana's 3,000."

That also indirectly infers the intervention of the United States and other NATO countries in the region. So a war against Guyana would seem like a suicide, anyway. Furthermore, Venezuela should focus on its social and economical situations, which are not exactly great.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
It seems like all the tension has concluded, both countries have restablished normal relations. At least for now, of course, anything can change by tomorrow. http://www.telesurtv.net/news/Embajadores-de-Venezuela-y-Guyana-regresan-a-sus-labores-20150927-0037.html

"It's impossible for Guyana to attack Venezuela," he said. "Venezuela has armed forces of over 112,000, compared with Guyana's 3,000."

That also indirectly infers the intervention of the United States and other NATO countries in the region. So a war against Guyana would seem like a suicide, anyway. Furthermore, Venezuela should focus on its social and economical situations, which are not exactly great.

The thing is, war is occasionally a tactic used by the government to distract its people from domestic hardship and gain their support.  Looking at Argentina in the Falklands War and Putin in Crimea. But you're right, focusing inward is the better thing to do, although a dumb government like Maduro's won't necessarily see that. Honestly the only thing I see truly stopping them from doing something stupid like invading Guyana is the threat of U.S/NATO intervention. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Can somebody please get that balloon full of hot air Maduro out of office?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian