By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
melbye said:
I base my purchases on games not power

This.

Around the Network

Why would the power even matter. The Wii U isn't that much underpowered to the Ps4/Xbone.

You don't need crazy hardware to have good games. I'm only interested in the NX for the games and the controller.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Yes.

I don't even understand your logic.

I don't buy consoles because they can pump out a trillion terapixels. I buy consoles to play games that are offered for the platform.

I'll buy NX because it will have Nintendo's games.

Nintendo is all about the art style in terms of visual. While the games would look pretty badass if they pushed towards graphics, it's not the main selling point of their games.

Aquietguy said:
sabvre42 said:
If it beats the ps4 it might have a chance. The WiiU came out at approximately the same power as the ps3/360 1 year before the end of that gen.

They also tried to "innovate" by copying the psp temote play... which the ps4 ended up doing better. However, the gamepad was forced.

Wii U the same power as the PS360?? Nintendo copied PSP remote play?? The ship has long sailed on the Wii U not being more powerful than last gen. And Nintendo copied dual screen of their hand helds.

There still seems to be people who hang on tightly to those things, lol.

Around the Network

The NX is going to be a watch that plays some mini games. More powerful than PS4? No, but can the PS4 tell you the time? Not when you're jogging.

Let's get real here NX is going to be no where near ps4 levels off power. By the time NX comes out PS4 will have hit it's stride and the games will be amazing. Nintend don't like the tech race unfortunately for us, fortunately for them

I still think it's a mistake to release a new platform when we have not even reached the halfway point of this current gen. This is the main reason I will not buy another Nintendo console, I love the games but I will not support this practice. If the industry continues with 7-8 years between console releases then this would put the NX at 6 years when we see a NX2 should they go ahead and release a console at or around the same time as Sony and MS. Nintendo just needed to focus on 1st party games for a few more years but now they have tossed a wrench into Console release windows and pulled a little bit of a Sega move abandoning the WiiU so quickly.

The WiiU does not need "specs" to be good, it has the game library to be great, it won't matter how powerful a system they have if they continue to ignore that fact. I also can't remember the last time someone bought a Nintendo product for 3rd party games.

I don't see it being significantly more powerfull than the PS4 but I could be on par or slightly more powerfull.

Nintendo can cut costs in other ways.  Could have a model with a 500gb hard drive but no disk drive and then a model with 64gb harddrive but comes with a disk drive.

If it launch late in 2016 with no disk drive or disk drive with lower sized hard drive it could by priced pretty low at that time.

Avro1958 said:
I still think it's a mistake to release a new platform when we have not even reached the halfway point of this current gen. This is the main reason I will not buy another Nintendo console, I love the games but I will not support this practice. If the industry continues with 7-8 years between console releases then this would put the NX at 6 years when we see a NX2 should they go ahead and release a console at or around the same time as Sony and MS. Nintendo just needed to focus on 1st party games for a few more years but now they have tossed a wrench into Console release windows and pulled a little bit of a Sega move abandoning the WiiU so quickly.

The WiiU does not need "specs" to be good, it has the game library to be great, it won't matter how powerful a system they have if they continue to ignore that fact. I also can't remember the last time someone bought a Nintendo product for 3rd party games.

What i'm hoping for is that Nintendo makes it the new normal to release 2 or 3 years after the competition but at least as comparable hardware for 2 or 3 years.  This would allow Nintendo to see which platform is more popular and design something similar so it would be easy to port games to it.