By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Alien: Paradise Lost is the name for Prometheus 2

Luke888 said:
I enjoyed prometheus even though some of the scenes were SOOOOO Dumb (the snake one for example) so I'm looking forward to this movie, I'm really interested to know if the protagonist reaches The "Gods" planet

Why? :|

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Luke888 said:
I enjoyed prometheus even though some of the scenes were SOOOOO Dumb (the snake one for example) so I'm looking forward to this movie, I'm really interested to know if the protagonist reaches The "Gods" planet

you're on an alien planet in a cavern where you found dead bodys of enormous creatures, whith you there's only another person and a strange snake-like creature sneaks up to you and what do you do ? you start pet il like if it was a dog ? the options are:

1-you're dumb;

2-you clearly don't see the danger of a form of life where those enormous creatures died, which implies point 1

Ridley Scott has not been in his prime for quite some time, but Prometheus was just different level of terrible.

AbbathTheGrim said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I loved prometheus too , this movie had a lot of hate .

I can´t wait for the sequel.

Yeah, lot of people dismissed it. I loved it on the other hand.

Some people complained that it didn;t make sense because there were unanswered questions but those unanswered questions sent my mind flying which I loved.

There was this extended scene for the opening that showed more from the beginning of the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKanXRERgoY

Aeolus451 said:
At least they are going with the classic "Alien" title instead of prometheus 2. I don't understand why they named the last movie "Prometheus" in the first place.

Apparently it was planned all along:

Ridley Scott:

“In a way it is Prometheus 2. It’s exactly the same story. But it was always in the works to be called that [Alien: Paradise Lost]. Is Prometheus actually taking us off course from where I’m going, which is actually backing into the first Alien… I’ve even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I’m not telling you what.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45507

I am not liking the last part bolded.

One thing I didn't like was how the film tied to Alien. I had this particular image of Aliens being these creatures that evolved somehow in an alien planet against ravenous circumstances that made them as deadly as they are. The ending turned them into a by-product, some sort of accident by human intervention, which makes this big Universe feel unbelieveably little and full of coincidences where everything is related to everything.

Seeing that Ripley will have connections with Prometheus 2 warns me of Scott taking the above to a whole new level that I may not like. Hopefully I am wrong.

The earlier movies definitely gave the impression that the aliens were around before humans were. Aliens and predators had a connection that suggested they knew of each other for a long time. Predators liked to hunt them too and have been doing that for a long time. I think it would of been better to show the xenomorph's origin as you said where they evolved on some hellhole of a planet and were brought out into space by some foolish race like the engineers.

XanderXT said:

Not those kind of predators! I mean the Yajuta!

Oh, the Yautja predators. Those predators are cool. I wonder if they can shove Predators in there in the mix without making a mess out of the story, you know, with the original story from Prometheus and then tying that to Aliens and all.

Aeolus451 said:

The earlier movies definitely gave the impression that the aliens were around before humans were. Aliens and predators had a connection that suggested they knew of each other for a long time. Predators liked to hunt them too and have been doing that for a long time. I think it would of been better to show the xenomorph's origin as you said where they evolved on some hellhole of a planet and were brought out into space by some foolish race like the engineers.

Yeah, when I first saw that giant dead creature in the spaceship when Ripley and co. get in contact with the Aliens species for the first time, I always thought that the alien crew died for messing with or being ambushed by Aliens in the planet.

But, now we have another official explanation to what happened. :)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
XanderXT said:

Not those kind of predators! I mean the Yajuta!

Oh, the Yautja predators. Those predators are cool. I wonder if they can shove Predators in there in the mix without making a mess out of the story, you know, with the original story from Prometheus and then tying that to Aliens and all.

Aeolus451 said:

Yeah, when I first saw that giant dead creature in the spaceship when Ripley and co. get in contact with the Aliens species for the first time, I always thought that the alien crew died for messing with or being ambushed by Aliens in the planet.

But, now we have another official explanation to what happened. :)

@Predators - just a tiny nod would be enough. Something subtle like the Alien skull in Predator 2. They could show the famous Predator symbols of counting down somewhere, somehow.

@rest - I had a different vision as well. I think Scott went overboard with putting too much symbology into this movie. Kinda what I feel about Matrix 2 and 3. Instead of making a great movie, he tries to push as much philosophical message as possible and the movie suffered.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

@Predators - just a tiny nod would be enough. Something subtle like the Alien skull in Predator 2. They could show the famous Predator symbols of counting down somewhere, somehow.

AKA Easter Eggs R Us

:)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Luke888 said:
Zoombael said:

you're on an alien planet in a cavern where you found dead bodys of enormous creatures, whith you there's only another person and a strange snake-like creature sneaks up to you and what do you do ? you start pet il like if it was a dog ? the options are:

1-you're dumb;

2-you clearly don't see the danger of a form of life where those enormous creatures died, which implies point 1

Well, that might occur to the onlooker who knew shit will go down even before he saw the movie. However, maybe he was aware that the creature could be dangerous, but undererstimated the potential, since he was wearing a supposedly protective suit.

And there was no indication that the "enormous creatures" were killed by those slimy worms.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Luke888 said:

1-you're dumb;

Well, that might occur to the onlooker who knew shit will go down even before he saw the movie. However, maybe he was aware that the creature could be dangerous, but undererstimated the potential, since he was wearing a supposedly protective suit.

And there was no indication that the "enormous creatures" were killed by those slimy worms.

Honestly, if I was on a different planet and just saw a space snake... I'd sh!t my pants and there's no way in hell I'd try to play with it. We have snakes on planet earth, that's enough clue. Plus there's no way in hell that thing is tamed, it's obviously driven by basic instinct so... Yeah. This scene is disgustingly dumb and watching it causes physical pain. There is no defending this stupidity. Especially since the dude is supposedly a very smart bloke.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Really not interested. At least they were smart and didn't call it prom 2. The screwed up the story, is making me pass on this. I don't care if it was FOX or the writer's fault. They messed up. I don't have any hope for this prequel story anymore.