By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter says Wii U to sell 20 million units worldwide

Dravenet7 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Your prediction is worse though.

what was the prediction?

"the WiiU will be lucky to reach 14 million"

I think Patcher would be closer on this one, even if it´s only for a million.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Your  is  terrible  though.  Anyways, That's no way WiiU would ever have reached the GC in a 100 years..

I absolutely HATE to agree with Pachter, but I don't think that's too unrealistic. Current sales trends are one thing, but I could easily see the Wii U getting in a decent chunk of sales when the price drops enough. I know a lot of people who are a little interested--just not $300 interested. If it ever hits $200 or even $250 with a load of the best games, a lot of people might finally jump.

Soundwave said:
His numbers for all three consoles are way too high, XBox One laughably so.

PS4 numbers are actually possible, but thats as far as it goes.I just dont understand how he still has a job as a videogame analyst.At least he entertain us =)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

As of now the Wii U will be lucky to reach 15 million. No ifs or buts.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Dravenet7 said:

what was the prediction?

"the WiiU will be lucky to reach 14 million"

I think Patcher would be closer on this one, even if it´s only for a million.

Eh, time will tell. These predictions aren't uber ridiculous. Not a sales person anyway. 

Im really curious now:
Has Patcher ever got something right?Of all his cocaine-induced analysis, did he ever get one right?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

He's too optimistic in general, I don't see this generation exceeding 200 million.

chidori-chan2 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Your  is  terrible  though.  Anyways, That's no way WiiU would ever have reached the GC in a 100 years..

Not really, Patcher is being overoptimistic, that´s true,  but WiiU will probably end the year with +12m already and games like Pokken or Zelda are still coming, so unless you think NX is coming in May next year, that Zelda NX will be release before Zelda U and that the new console will be priced the same as the old one at the same time, I can´t see it doing "14 milions with luck"

plot twist: those predictions are for globally in the us.