By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5

If we're going to have a Square Enix character, Geno would be the choice before any other. So no, Chrono wouldn't enter.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:

I somehow doubt Chrono. Also, didn't Square just announce Dragon Quest XI as a PS4 console exclusive? If it's not coming to Wii-U, I would have doubts it's coming to NX

Its definitely coming to the 3DS and PS4 and then they announced it for the NX at the same time

It was only later with IGN that they said it was under consideration. I completely disbelieve that is what they meant.

http://www.destructoid.com/dragon-quest-xi-announced-for-ps4-3ds-nx-update--296766.phtml

Chrono would be a great addition to the roster but only if Square is willing to create a new entry into the series to go along with his addition! Even if they didn't create a new game with him, it still might be a good idea to have a character from a game that many consider the best jrpg ever...

Chrono would be cool, but this is pretty debatable.. :/

If anything, a Dragon Quest character would be more suitable (?)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Definitely debatable. Chrono would definitely work with the roster... however Square Enix has essentially left this franchise to die. Fans have been clamouring for a new game for years now.
I just do not see a character from such a dormant franchise (that is not Nintendo IP) making it into Super Smash Bros.

This is very unfortunate as Chrono would be an excellent character in the Smash series.

Around the Network

30 minutes until the Chrono poll closes!

Its definitely in the debatable ball park, and I feel some the reasoning here is pretty good. Makes me want to rethink how I make my choices with upcoming characters. Speaking of which, There's more on that soon.

Alright it poll closed for Chrono aka SSG Trunks.

It ultimately came down to debatable, with many seeing a key issue was the fact that it was a very dormant franchise. I think that was a good argument.

Next character will NOT come as shortly.

Seeing how many days are left for the Smash poll, and the amount of characters left I have, I figured I would address how to continue the poll before actually continuing so this can go more smootly

Ok sorry for not jumping to the next character immediately, but looking at the rate of things, I felt I need to rearrange how I'm doing this; With 8 days left until Smash, I really want to end finish the chart at least by the 2nd to last day. Preferably the 3rd. With that said these are the characters and groups I have left:
Sora
Genos
Inklings (group)
(random it was me DIO)
Fire Emblem (group)
Bandana Dee
Tails & Knuckles
Elma
Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton (group)
Metroid (group)
Etrian Odyssey (group)

Not including the Dio, obviously, there are 10 left, not even including the ones you may have that I would add (some here are added based on the comments here). Obviously I am going to randomize this list, but if there is a character someone really wants, I may need to do 3 characters a day instead of 2. Its gonna be a slow weekend, so I'm just writing code and doing this among other stuff so I will be on top of it, only thing is voting availability will be a lot less frequent until the afternoon and not everyone gets to pick their character, which is why the midnight choice extends longer. I am going to jump to the next character, but feel free to suggest a character or even a better way to do the poll! Even if you're not giving you're opinion on the current character. That would be very appreciated.

Alright next character!

Bandana Dee!

I'm not gonna lie. I see people want this guy from a lot of places. But I'm honestly befuddled. Last game Bandana Dee or its comrades were literally use as amunition by King DeeDeeDee. Apparently he's had a huge impact on the games, but I missed the last major Kirby game on Wii (played a bit of Rainbow Curse with a friend but I still don't get it). I'm want to say unlikely, but honestly maybe I'm missing something, so I'll hold off voting for a bit before doing so. I probably either post again or update this when I do.

EDIT: After looking at some info and extended gameplay he went from unlikely and borderline ridiculous to pretty reasonable. He's moveset would be pretty stable and unique in its own right. Plus it would complete the (Quad?)-fetca from Return to Dreamland. I would have been very embarrased if I voted prior lol. (Though honestly still not one of my preferrable characters).

(Hopefully I didn't peeve anyone off with the eariler update, but it would be great if you read through it).

Having multiple characters per day is fine, though having too many per day would limit the time for each character, so I do worry that voter turnout would worsen :/

Since there is only one poll, you can't do 2 at the same time either so it would be a bit tricky.. but I think 3 per day is still manageable. Keep it up! (I also linked this to my sig, so hopefully that will raise some awarness..)

I'd like to nominate Toad/ette, MC from the Harvest Moon series/Rune Factory series and more FE characters!! :D

--

Bandanna Dee... He is playable for a few Kirby games so he's pretty reasonable to put in...

though at the same time, he'd be too similar to Kirby (even though he has a spear) and I fear his moveset would be rather lacking, so I personally wouldn't want him in

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]