By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBOX ONE vs PLAYSTATION 4 Exclusives showdown, Post TGS.

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It is a level creator too, it doesn´t encourage you to create levels as much as SMM though, you spend days to make a level on LBP, but you spend 1 hour to make one on SMM and the editor is way more friendly, fun and intuitive than LBP, where the game encourage you more to play other peoples levels rather than make them yourself because is not very fun, but it has a strong focus on the creation tools and it was the main point for the existence of the game, It´s a level creator too.

It's a platformer...It's a much, much...much more in depth level editor than MM aswell. The lack of depth actually does a lot to drive home the point that MM is mostly a platformer.

Would you be happier if a call it Level Editor/Platformer?? Because you can´t call it platformer and that´s it, it doesn´t feel like that, I don´t care if there is an offcial name to this kind of games, but is far from being only a platformer, I don´t feel the same making levels than playing them, not at all, and I spend more time making them because the game encorages you to do it, the feeling when you upload your levels and you see that people plays them is one of the strongest points of the game, so you are telling me that I should say is a platformer when I spend 3/4 of my time with it not platforming at all, but designing.

Around the Network

Guys leave Wii U out of this. It's dead for one thing, and for another a comparison between Wii U and PS4/XB1 is useless because pretty much every 3rd party game is an exclusive to PS4/XB1 against the Wii U.
The reason an exclusives comparison works between PS4 and XB1 is because they share the majority of 3rd party games, Wii U needs to be able to compete against the whole library of PS4/XB1 to be considered a worth contender.
And considering it gets like one game every few months it's not worth paying attention to in this thread.

I think it's safe to say we're at the point of no return. No matter how the facts are stacked some people will never concede they were wrong. We just need to tolerate them and move on.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
I think it's safe to say we're at the point of no return. No matter how the facts are stacked some people will never concede they were wrong. We just need to tolerate them and move on.

Damn shame too. Welp put this thread in the "Locked" file I guess.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Goodnightmoon said:
Normchacho said:

It's a platformer...It's a much, much...much more in depth level editor than MM aswell. The lack of depth actually does a lot to drive home the point that MM is mostly a platformer.

Would you be happier if a call it Level Editor/Platformer?? Because you can´t call it platformer and that´s it, it doesn´t feel like that, I don´t care if there is an offcial name to this kind of games, but is far from being only a platformer, I don´t feel the same making levels than playing them, not at all, and I spend more time making them because the game encorages you to do it, the feeling when you upload your levels and you see that people plays them is one of the strongest points of the game, so you are telling me that I should say is a platformer when I spend 3/4 of my time with it not platforming at all, but designing.

Yeah, I can agree with calling it a Level Editor/Platformer. But trying to classify it as a wholistically different thing than a 2D Platformer to try and flesh out the WiiUs game list is silly. It only even allows you to make 2D platformer levels.

Realistically it falls somewhere in between a regular Mario game, and LBP.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
TheObserver said:
Guys leave Wii U out of this. It's dead for one thing, and for another a comparison between Wii U and PS4/XB1 is useless because pretty much every 3rd party game is an exclusive to PS4/XB1 against the Wii U.
The reason an exclusives comparison works between PS4 and XB1 is because they share the majority of 3rd party games, Wii U needs to be able to compete against the whole library of PS4/XB1 to be considered a worth contender.
And considering it gets like one game every few months it's not worth paying attention to in this thread.

WiiU is not in this thread because anybody is trying to say that it has more games, but because someone said that it has no variety and the 80% of its games are  platformers while XBO only has Halo and Ps4 is perfect. Nobody has mentioned the wiiu before.

alternine said:

There really is no point any more. It's so obvious now that only those you couldn't possibly reason with are the only ones left. Facts don't matter to these types, they'll just find any way possible to ease their troubled souls. I've had enough of this nonsense, but if others want to keep on trucking, fair enough.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
alternine said:

There really is no point any more. It's so obvious now that only those you couldn't possibly reason with are the only ones left. Facts don't matter to these types, they'll just find any way possible to ease their troubled souls. I've had enough of this nonsense, but if others want to keep on trucking, fair enough.

Gotta love the drama of this forums

Goodnightmoon said:
GribbleGrunger said:
alternine said:

I love VG Chartz LOL

AEGRO said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I love VG Chartz LOL

Plus, realistically VGC isn't that bad. I was reading through some comments on Gamespot earlier today and holly crap that place is awful. Compared to most gaming sites this place is an oasis of reason and civility.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.