By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 2.8... Wtf?

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Confusing name aside, why is DDD getting the HD treatment instead of the other handheld KH?

Every handheld game that got the HD treatment is important to the main canon of the KH trilogy.

the others from KH1.5 and KH2.5 are just side stories that have no real bearing on your understanding of events in KH1, 2 and I assume 3. 

So the handheld games are not canon unles Square Enix decides to put them on a console? That seems unfair to the fans of the handheld, their games literaly don't matter to the main story unless they are brought to consoles.

And thats why they are reduced to cutscenes only in the collections. They were probably also more work than SE wnated to invest. 

Yes. Nomura said that he wanted 358/2 Days to be remade because it wasnt in 3D, and that he wanted to play it with analog sticks. When 1.5 was releasing, he said they didnt have time to remake it into a playable game(obviously because its on DS) so they settled for cutscenes. This applies to Re:Coded as well on why its not playable.

Just a side note: Nomura was hesitent on releasing Chain of Memories on GBA because he wanted the game to be in 3D, and that he thought KH wouldn't sell on handhelds(not important for this, but just stating what was said). As we already know, COM was later remade on PS2. Basically, Nomura loves 3D, and that all the Nintendo games would have ended up playable on Playstation if he had the time. lol

As for the article:

After 4 years of waiting(BBS FM released in 2011), we're finally getting BBS V2! WOOT! Nomura did say that he wanted to tell the story but he had no time. Now he does? lol

Around the Network

They definitely should have put 1+2 in but I guess they want to sell that seperately -_-

Also at this point they might aswell cancel KH3 for Xbox1, they refuse to allow the userbase to catch up. I still see it selling decent but I'm just baffled by their decision making

You're forgetting the previous leak was 2.9
So there's still that to be annoucned. 2.8...and 2.9... before 3. Lol.

Roronaa_chan said:

True. But that was only a rumor. 

Why would they not announce 2.9 at TGS if it were real?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
Roronaa_chan said:

True. But that was only a rumor. 

Why would they not announce 2.9 at TGS if it were real?

Cause 2.8 and 2.9 at the same time could feel like too much. PSX would be another place to announce it, seeing as how it's PS exclusive anyway

Or hell they could still announce 2.9 at TGS for all we know.. TGS hasn't technically started, Square Enix has "surprises" for it, this was just Sony's pre-conference.

edit: Square Enix is on Saturday and Sunday.

Around the Network

YESSSSSSSSS more KH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the BBS 2.0, this is basically a new KH game.The question is, how long does it last?( the BBS part)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Yeah... this one is a toughie. I would be more interested in replaying 3D if it was a final mix. So, the question is: Do i care enough about the other 2 pieces of content to get it? I will ponder on that.

Some post me a timeline how to play these games in order.. for a series with just 2 and a third mainline game its a confusing mess..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I've beaten both KH1&2 but haven't played these games so this collection is great.

It's in my buying plans.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."