By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - From Software to open new studio, opens next month, begins operations next January

Tagged games:

Post videos of you playing it

Around the Network

What's the problem for making sequels to great games?
And i think the world milking can be used for annual series like call of duty , assassin's creed e.t.c.

Kagerow said:
UltimateGamerConsole said:
Kagerow said:

Their formula is same, and you are arguing 64 -> Sunshine -> Galaxy -> 3D World is a 'Minute Change'? Is people complaining about Zelda and 3D Mario because they don't change enough? Well, I guess they do. But no most franchise never have 'Minute Changes' outside of New Super Mario series. Not even Call of Duty. (If they changed it for positive, that is.)

All their game since GTA 3 feels very similar, except handheld one. If it wasn't, it would not be a GTA. This 'ID' is important because it allows us to determine what the game will be, and what to expect even before game releases. Because of this, when the game does not meet the expectation, it hurts reputation of said franchise and possibly the future games to be released in that franchise. AKA Assassin's Creed.

Again, I don't find serialization bad. Bad game is a bad game because they are bad game. Of course, this is simply my opinion on this matter.

I never said 3D Mario games have minute changes.

As for GTA being the same, its obvious as hell you've not played GTA IV or V, its anything but similar to GTA III. The only thing that's certain is that you'll have an open-world, driving and shooting, but everything around it has changed completely. That AC comparison is laughable, AC hasn't evolved since AC II except AC IV BF, GTA is in a completely different ballpark when it comes to shaking things up.

I have played all of them. And outside of some game that changed the game negatively for some random reason (AC:Brotherhood, AC:III) their fundamental formula has stayed same and improved upon it.

'Similar' and 'Same' is not a same word. Do not spin the topic in your favor. The fact that GTA made amazing game doesn't magically change its core design nor the nature of sequel. Ultimately, what matters is which one is the better game. GTA wins there because of its finess, not because it changes things around.

Also, what did you thought when I said 'improvement'?

Wait, I never did say that AC changes the formula each time? We were talking about GTA, right? Yes the GTA games do change their formula each time almost as much as 3D Mario games do, but they stick to a some core fundamentals. The game around it cnahges entirely each time.

Sounds good. I like that they are expanding. The more games from them, the better it will be for me. I love the souls games that they make even if I don't like certain ones so much.