By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - From Software to open new studio, opens next month, begins operations next January

Tagged games:

Teeqoz said:
Samus Aran said:
It's not so much that their games are bad, but it's true that people can get burned out from too much of a good thing.

I don't know man, I don't think I'd ever get burnt out on mainline R&C (well as long as they keep a similar release cycle to now, mainline games don't release that often really).

A new mainline R&C once every 2 and a half years would be great imo

Yeah, but a yearly R & C would probably get bad. :p

I think the current release cycle for R & C is about right. Hopefully the reboot is a success, so it can get a new completely original title on the PS4. It's one of the few in its genre to survive last gen.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
fatslob-:O said:

We all have opinions ... 

I think I can compare it to COD when it comes to milking the idea and that's exactly what From Software is doing ...

I don't think it's even remotely close.
Call of Duty resells the same stuff to you, and has been doing it for a decade every year.

From Software is still to have any of the souls games in a following year to their predecessor.

Demon's Souls - 2009
Dark Souls - 2011
Dark Souls 2 - 2014
Dark Souls 3 - 2016

While Bloodborne is a different IP, even as it's taken as one of the Souls games, but has different gameplay and mechanics and is set in a different era.

Barely and just like CoD.

BraLoD said:

Call of Duty resells the same stuff to you, and has been doing it for like a decade every year.

From Software is still to have any of the souls games in a following year to their predecessor.

Demon's Souls - 2009
Dark Souls - 2011
Dark Souls 2 - 2014
Dark Souls 3 - 2016

While Bloodborne is a different IP, even as it's taken as one of the Souls games, but has different gameplay and mechanics and is set in a different era.

Do you seriously mean that ? Answer only the truth and NOTHING but the truth ...

Don't you see the pattern yet ? 

Dark Souls 2 - 2014

Bloodborne - 2015

Dark Souls 3 - 2016 

That's already 3 games in a row with the same basic idea all in the span of 3 years ...

If that's not milking then I don't know what is and to make that even worse all of that is done by ONE studio who is arguably cutting and pasting more than Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer on their previous installments ...

BraLoD said:
Samus Aran said:
BraLoD said:

We all have opinions ... 

I think I can compare it to COD when it comes to milking the idea and that's exactly what From Software is doing ...

Call of Duty resells the same stuff to you, and has been doing it for a decade every year.

Demon's Souls - 2009
Dark Souls - 2011
Dark Souls 2 - 2014
Dark Souls 3 - 2016

Barely? Yeah... no.

In Bloodborne weapons are few and change sizes and adapt other gameplay functionalities you have guns, you are faster and not affected by weight, enemies provide you a chance to recover life when taken away. Demon's Souls had events that would interfere in the game difficult and some weapons actual power and your life status.

Bloodborne is really a different game than the Souls games, even as Demon's Souls is also different to Dark Souls, those too is understandable to group, but Bloodborne is not.

And as I said, CoD is yearly and has been for a decade, none of the Souls or Bloodborne IPs have gotten another main game in a year base.

Two totally different scenarios.

Eh, all those changes you mention could have been part of a sequel. The difference between Super Mario Sunshine and SMG are bigger than what you described.

CoD didn't start out as an annualized franchise either you know.

It's as I feared ...

They are going to keep milking the sh!t out of the idea behind Demon's Souls ...

I am disappoint, I don't understand why hardcore gamers are praising them for been like how Ubisoft handles AC or Activision handling COD ...

LOL give me a break!  They release a new game about every 1.5-2 years, and the quality hasn't suffered AT ALL besides Dark Souls 2 - and that was only because they gave someone else a chance at directing the game.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Bloodborne is not even a game of that series. Don't go grouping them together.

It's only the idea that matters, not the IP otherwise we wouldn't have spiritual successors ...

Don't go denying that From Software isn't doing any form of milking to an extent ... 

It's not exactly any better that their not using the IP yearly when they're practically throwing out similar games with similar mechanics in the same genre that their successful at ...

Samus Aran said:
BraLoD said:

We all have opinions ... 

Demon's Souls - 2009
Dark Souls - 2011
Dark Souls 2 - 2014
Dark Souls 3 - 2016

It's actually quite a bit different.  It would be like saying the elder scrolls and fallout are the same.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

BraLoD said:

Now matter how you want to look at it, From Software isn't milking either Demon's Souls, which has only one game or Bloorborne, the same. Or even Dark Souls in a way comparable to CoD, as it'll have the third game in 6 years, while CoD would have 6.

I can agree that From Software is capitalizing, rightly, the style of game they created, hard fantasy 3rd person action rpg games, but that's it, there is none of the IPs they are involved (actually only Dark Souls, as Demon's and Blood are Sony IPs) that has actually been milked remotely close to CoD, until now.

Like I said before, "It's not exactly any better that their not using the IP yearly when they're practically throwing out similar games with similar mechanics in the same genre that their successful at" ... 

What people don't even realize is that with these games they are taking clear advantage of their customer base. Fans of Bloodborne are also most likely fans of Demon's and Dark Souls so in the end no matter what the IP is they are baiting the same customers over and over again at a yearly rate now ... 

That is milking no matter how you look at it ... 

BraLoD said:

Even if you want to group all of this style games FS is involved, it has been 4 games in 7 years, spawing 3 different IPs which they actually only own 1.
That will be 5 games in 8 years, next year.

Again, there isn't anything remotely close to CoD, as you said, no matter how you look at it.

Then why have they been putting out similar games these past 2 years and very soon their 3rd game in a row ... 

All From Software is doing is pussyfooting around the fact that their not using the same IP ... 

It doesn't make them any more noble that they keep targetting the same customers like how Activision is with COD ...

I don't get the complaint about anual games as long as the studio can keep the quality high.  No one is forcing you to buy the game at lauch so complaining about getting burned out on the franchise makes no sense.