By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The first Splatoon clone is a fact

Skullwaker said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Oh please, is just too obvious that the game on the OP is copying Splatroon, they have delivered copy the design style of the maps, they tried to make a similar kind of music and overall this games feels 100 times more like Splatoon that Color Wars. Is still very far from it since none of them have a switch mechanic, the minecraft mod is better than that. I have nothing against it though, if people have fun playing a hiper gimped copy of the game, then they could be more interested on playing the real one.

To be fair, the music of the video is from Phineas and Ferb. The episode which it is derived from came out a long time ago, before Splatoon.

That being said, the map is definitely Arowona Mall.

Is not that they copied the music, the thing is that is very obvious they are trying to put a music with a similar vibe to create a similar feeling, wich makes even more obvious the attempt to copy or make an homage to Splatoon.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh please, is just too obvious that the game on the OP is copying Splatroon, they have delivered copy the design style of the maps, they tried to make a similar kind of music and overall this games feels 100 times more like Splatoon that Color Wars. Is still very far from it since none of them have the switch mechanic, the minecraft mod is better than that. I have nothing against it though, if people have fun playing a hiper gimped copy of the game, then they could be more interested on playing the real one.

Yet this is a "user generated content" ... 

Again if OP is gonna implicitly accuse the devs behind the game then you might as well do the same with Splatoon since it is technically drawing up ideas from Color Wars ... 

Not everyone is in it to downplay Splatoon the chance they get but if your going to blame "user generated content" then you might as well make the case for between Splatoon and Color Wars ... 

fatslob-:O said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh please, is just too obvious that the game on the OP is copying Splatroon, they have delivered copy the design style of the maps, they tried to make a similar kind of music and overall this games feels 100 times more like Splatoon that Color Wars. Is still very far from it since none of them have the switch mechanic, the minecraft mod is better than that. I have nothing against it though, if people have fun playing a hiper gimped copy of the game, then they could be more interested on playing the real one.

Again if OP is gonna implicitly accuse the devs behind the game then you might as well do the same with Splatoon since it is technically drawing up ideas from Color Wars ... 

Not everyone is in it to downplay Splatoon the chance they get but if your going to blame "user generated content" then you might as well make the case for between Splatoon and Color Wars ... 

I agree with this. The issue here is that Samus simply used the wrong word. Clone and copy aren't the best choices to describe this. It's just a guy who liked Splatoon and took its time to produce the level, and Disney Interactive just promoted because it's just a little detail, because, why the hell not?

It's not a big deal. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Goodnightmoon said:

The official Disney Infinity twitter account is advertising it as their own creation. Hence I have every right to call them out on this. It's like Sony advertising a Mario themed level in LBP. There would be ten threads up by now if that was the case.

The Splatoon devs never heard about Color Wars because the only source of the game's existence was a video on youtube with less than 30 views before Splatoon was announced.

Goodnightmoon said:

But this is totally different because Splatoon didn´t copy colors wars at all, Nintendo didn´t copy an unknown indie game that was never released 10 years ago, not at all, the paint mechanic is just a curious coincidence, however, this game copy Splatoon elements shamelessly because is obviously an homage to Splatoon.

Around the Network

Anyone that actually believes Splatoon isn't an original game is, simply put, retarded. I can't believe some of the posts in this thread.

Mod edit: user was moderated for this post.

-Veknoid_Outcast

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Samus Aran said:

The official Disney Infinity twitter account is advertising it as their own creation. Hence I have every right to call them out on this. It's like Sony advertising a Mario themed level in LBP. There would be ten threads up by now if that was the case.

The Splatoon devs never heard about Color Wars because the only source of the game's existence was a video on youtube with less than 30 views before Splatoon was announced.

Notice how it says "Featured Toy Box" and of course the developers can take credit for it because THEY were the ones who created the level editor ... 

In that sense they NEVER advertised it as their own TRUE creation and if your going to call out some user generated level then I believe it's only fair to do the same for Splatoon ...

Nintendo did not dispute any influence from Color Wars sooo ... 

Samus Aran said:

Notice how it says "Featured Toy Box" and of course the developers can take credit for it because THEY were the ones who created the level editor ... 

In that sense they NEVER advertised it as their own TRUE creation and if your going to call out some user generated level then I believe it's only fair to do the same for Splatoon ...

Nintendo did not dispute any influence from Color Wars sooo ... 

So they don´t even know about that game and they don´t listen to haters on their basements trying to change reality just to downgrade the game, so they don´t need to say anything specially when is so damn obvious, Splatton speaks for itself, you just have to play it.

Goodnightmoon said:

So they don´t even know about that game and they don´t listen to haters on their basements so they don´t need to say anything specially when is so damn obvious, Splatton speaks for itself, you just have to play it.

Oh, I believe Splatoon didn't copy Color Wars however that doesn't mean the opposition doesn't have a right to point their fingers back at Splatoon when there's clear evidence of the concept existing before it ...

Uh...

No comment.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."