By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the WiiU outsell the PS Vita?

Scisca said:
Nintyfan90 said:
Scisca said:

1) Your opinion. I disagree with it.

2) What makes you think so? I am actually quite confident that a combo of Minecraft + Dragon Quest + exclusivity + being on a handheld + Japan = 1+ mil sales in Japan alone. The sales in the West would be decent as well just to add to it.

3) Ah, ok. It will sell very well in Japan nonetheless.

4) Vita will be fine in 2016. By fine I mean just like it was this year and pretty much previous year as well. Wii U won't be fine, cause it will be in a much, much worse situation than it was this year or the previous one. The upcoming games are really very meh in comparison to what it got in the past, there is more hype surrounding NX than everything connected to Wii U put together. Pricecuts are the only thing the console has left to offer, but we know Nintendo isn't interested in losing money on Wii U and we can't blame them.

I'm gonna repeat it, I totally expect Nintendo to release NX in 2016. Vita won't be discontinued before 2018.

Why do Sony fans always try to ignore what these games truly are? Its a Dragon Quest spinoff lol and these games aren't even exclusive. I love how desperate some of the Vita fans get. Instead of stating exactly what it is(Dragon Quest spinoff), you would rather try to paint the picture it is more than what it is(Dragon Quest mainline). Just saying Dragon Quest can be quite misleading and ofcourse Ninty fans could play the same game. WiiU is getting Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem, its gonna smoke Vita in Japan! Im gonna end with nobody cares what you totally expect, the fact that you are relying so much on NX ending WiiU says that you don't believe in Vita either.

Such fierce and desperate fight, all for nought because you do not understand what you're talking about.

Mainly - what MikeRox said. This is not a DQ spin-off. This is an upgraded Minecraft with DQ flavour and RPG elements. And that's a massive difference. It will sell and PS3/PS4 versions won't steal much sales from this type of a game. Basically - it's a perfect game for a handheld, an upgraded close of a smashing hit with a very, very popular skin put on it. You are the one ignoring this.

NX killing Wii U and lack of a Vita replacement is the finishing argument to this discussion, not a sign of being unsure about Vita.

Ok now I get it, hope and prayer is all you have left? You hope its a hit, you hope the PS3 and PS4 versions don't harm the Vitas version, and you hope NX kills WiiU as soon as possible? Meanwhile WiiU continues to eat away at the gap annually. How much has Minecraft sold on the Vita in Japan?

Around the Network

edit: Look below, accidental post

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I'm pointing out a few things:
Japan will most likely be the region where Wii U sells the best Q1/Q2 FY2015 combined.

This is a bad thing apart from the obvious: that Wii U Japan sales are way above what they were last year.
JP: 330k (180k Q2 shipment)
Americas: 330k (140k Q2 shipment)
Others: 250k (120k Q2 shipment)

So, that's a combined shipment of 910k as compared to 1120k in the same period last year.
I'm basing this off conservative estimates based off VGChartz data.

Why am I mentioning this?
Well...

I doubt that Wii U would beat its Q3 FY2014 shipment of 1920k.
Shipment Breakdown:
JP: 490k (320k Q3 shipment)
Americas: 1640k (1010k Q3 shipment)
Other: 900k (580k Q3 shipment)

I'm sick of not seeing solid numbers in this thread.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

sidmeiernintifan said:
does the vita have ps2 games to play games like the Maximo games or Klonoa 2, but if it only has PS1 games I prefer the psp that can play them at native resolution and has emulation.

Vita runs the games in their native aspect ratio (unless you choose to stretch) it also maps the pixels properly as it treats the games as 640x480 then maps each ps1 pixel to 4 Vita pixels. PS1 games look better on Vita than PSP :) especially with far less ghosting.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Nintyfan90 said:
Scisca said:

Such fierce and desperate fight, all for nought because you do not understand what you're talking about.

Mainly - what MikeRox said. This is not a DQ spin-off. This is an upgraded Minecraft with DQ flavour and RPG elements. And that's a massive difference. It will sell and PS3/PS4 versions won't steal much sales from this type of a game. Basically - it's a perfect game for a handheld, an upgraded close of a smashing hit with a very, very popular skin put on it. You are the one ignoring this.

NX killing Wii U and lack of a Vita replacement is the finishing argument to this discussion, not a sign of being unsure about Vita.

Ok now I get it, hope and prayer is all you have left? You hope its a hit, you hope the PS3 and PS4 versions don't harm the Vitas version, and you hope NX kills WiiU as soon as possible? Meanwhile WiiU continues to eat away at the gap annually. How much has Minecraft sold on the Vita in Japan?

...aaaaand then you get banned for flaming ;) No point talking to you about Nintendo, you should control yourself, cause you may earn a permaban.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
sidmeiernintifan said:
does the vita have ps2 games to play games like the Maximo games or Klonoa 2, but if it only has PS1 games I prefer the psp that can play them at native resolution and has emulation.

The Vita has many of my favorite PS2-games, many of them enhanced (but a few of them with performance problems):

• Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • God of War 1
  • God of War 2
  • Jak & Daxter
  • Jak 2
  • Jak 3
  • Ratchet & Clank 1
  • Ratchet & Clank 2
  • Ratchet & Clank 3
  • Sly Raccoon
  • Sly 2
  • Sly 3
  • Persona 3 (PSP version)
  • Persona 4

I also prefer PS1-games on Vita instead of PS1-games on PSP (better left stick, additional right stick, much better scaling).

Even some PSP games perform better on Vita than on the original hardware (f.e. GTA Liberty City Stories + GTA Vice City Stories) or can benefit from the second stick (f.e. MGS Peace Walker).

Again this question,no this time I won't say my opinion,since I have said it many times!What can I say,is that the discussion is pointless,since we don't know the exact/official sales of psv and will sony ever reveal them?
Ioi adjusted it up excessively after pressure and now there is evidence that it's overtracked,we can have a clear picture if we learn the LT of psp though...
If sony doesn't disclose its LTD or LT,then we shouldn't fight over this topic...

Before Splatoon, I would have said no. But looking at the popularity of this game, you have to look at the millions of 3DS owners missing out. I think a $250 Splatoon bundle, (or better yet $199 without Nintyland), with the right promo will be big for the holidays, and 2016's lineup will take it over the hump. IMO Wii U should pass Vita next year.

I think we'll be much smarter in a year. Everyone said what he thinks, now it's pretty much all in the hands of... Nintendo :) They may finally cut the price by +/- $100 helping sales or they may kill it by an NX 2016 release. All up to them :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
You guys must be crazy. I'm sorry, but I just can't believe what I'm seeing here!

Vita has got a massive (when we're talking about these two bomba consoles) lead and Wii U is about to be killed and all support from Nintendo is to be dropped. The difference is almost a quarter of lifetime Wii U sales!! A quarter!!

There is no way in hell Wii U outsells Vita. The very day that Nintendo announces the next console, Wii U stops selling. Vita won't be replaced in years (if ever) and it still has many games from big franchises coming. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, the new Minecraft, Ys, Digimon, VLR3, etc. These games will move consoles in Japan and we are about to get a bunch of new announcements on TGS. You guys are underestimating Vita so badly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

On the other hand Wii U is only getting crappy Amiibo grames, Pokken, SMTxFE and its swan song in Zelda U, which will be a multiplat either way. That's a recipe for outselling Vita? Right. Get real people.

"Vita has got a massive lead"

Even considering vgc massive overtracked vita's numbers, it's still just a small lead considering wii u closes the gap every year.

"and Wii U is about to be killed and all support from Nintendo is to be dropped"

No, you're very stupid for saying such a thing.

"The very day that Nintendo announces the next console, Wii U stops selling"

No, you're very stupid for saying this.

"Vita won't be replaced in years (if ever)"

So what? It will keep selling like shit for 1 or 2 years and then get discontinued.

"and it still has many games from big franchises coming. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, the new Minecraft, Ys, Digimon, VLR3, etc. These games will move consoles in Japan and we are about to get a bunch of new announcements on TGS."

lolololol, a buch of small franchises and VERY SMALL SPIN OFFS of big franchises that will NOT move any more consoles than previous games did in japan.

"Wii U is only getting crappy Amiibo grames, Pokken, SMTxFE and its swan song in Zelda U, which will be a multiplat either way."

you're stupid both for thinking those are the only games wii u will receive in the future and thinking zelda U will be multiplatform when there's like a 1% chance of it happening.

Overall, you get real, because your post was some soundwave level of haterism and nonsense. gold kept.