By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iPhone 6s, 6s Plus Prices Increase In Europe, Canada And Australia

Michelasso said:
MohammadBadir said:

Basically cache clogs, apps that slow down the phone and kill the battery, and shiz files from the internet that download automatically. Every person I know who has an Android phone, no matter how new it is (besides me and some tech savvy friends), their 2013/2014 phones are slower than my old iPhone 4S :|

I can't say about the 4S but I did compare the iPhone 4/iOS 7.1.1 of my nephew with my Xperia M2 (SnapDragon 400/KK 4.4.4). I was honestly surpised on seeing that my phone was loading apps in about half the time.

Still, my phone is a lagfest, while the iPhone while using it never lagged. Then someone should explain me why a 2300mAh battery must last only a bit more than a day, with 2 or 3 hours of web surfing. Also why it consumes 2-3% per hour while idle (Stamina mode enabled and all).

iPhone 4 and iOS 7 don't mix too well...

Around the Network

Yeah they haven't announced the Aussie price of the iPad pro yet which I hope to get but I'm worried about. Probably retail here for 2000 bucks.

I preordered a 6s plus today but at least it's on a plan (120 bucks a month)...but I'm still seriously thinking about canceling.  Might have to make do with my crappy old iPad 3 a bit longer. I've waited so long for a super sized iPad and held off upgrading. So sad .

looks like I picked the wrong year to upgrade all my apple products

I could never afford nor care about apple products.

Michelasso said:
MohammadBadir said:

Basically cache clogs, apps that slow down the phone and kill the battery, and shiz files from the internet that download automatically. Every person I know who has an Android phone, no matter how new it is (besides me and some tech savvy friends), their 2013/2014 phones are slower than my old iPhone 4S :|

I can't say about the 4S but I did compare the iPhone 4/iOS 7.1.1 of my nephew with my Xperia M2 (SnapDragon 400/KK 4.4.4). I was honestly surpised on seeing that my phone was loading apps in about half the time.

Still, my phone is a lagfest, while the iPhone while using it never lagged. Then someone should explain me why a 2300mAh battery must last only a bit more than a day, with 2 or 3 hours of web surfing. Also why it consumes 2-3% per hour while idle (Stamina mode enabled and all).

Xperia M2 is a 2014 smartphone

iPhone 4 is a 2010 a single core smartphone (there were no dual core chips back then)

Mobile chips have advanced so much so fast, the comparison isn't valid. 

mushroomboy5 said:

Yeah they haven't announced the Aussie price of the iPad pro yet which I hope to get but I'm worried about. Probably retail here for 2000 bucks.

I preordered a 6s plus today but at least it's on a plan (120 bucks a month)...but I'm still seriously thinking about canceling.  Might have to make do with my crappy old iPad 3 a bit longer. I've waited so long for a super sized iPad and held off upgrading. So sad .

looks like I picked the wrong year to upgrade all my apple products

You picked the wrong product o upgrade to. Buy a Samsung Galaxy S6, Note 5 or Sony Xperia Z5 instead, much more useful phones.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

Lovely. Have you guys checked Samsung prices? Here in the UK Sammy wants £750 for the 32GB version of the Galaxy S6 edge+. How is Apple different? At least with Apple, you know for sure you are getting the premium treatment.

An Android phone is a lot more useful and customisable than iPhone. Also, there are many more great Android phones out there other than S6. Xperia Z lineup and HTC One lineup are fantastic too.

It's not surprising that Apple has such a low marketshare compared to Android, this is solely down to the screeds of cheap Android phones on the market, ie, the £100 and under market. This is where the majority of the sales are coming from. The luxury/premium market which has the iPhone 6's and Samsung S6's etc is where Apple has a majority marketshare. This is where the money is made, and this is where Apple make tons more money than any other phone manufacturer by far.

Also on the subject of the cost of the new iPhones. I agree they are ridiculously priced, but in short are of a similar cost to the better Android phones out there as well. But noone is asking you to spend £700 on a new iPhone, why not just pay £100 and get a £30 a month contract.....?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

LurkerJ said:
Michelasso said:

Xperia M2 is a 2014 smartphone

iPhone 4 is a 2010 a single core smartphone (there were no dual core chips back then)

Mobile chips have advanced so much so fast, the comparison isn't valid. 

I know, but that's what I compared. The iPhone 4S isn't twice as fast as the iPhone 4. About 68% faster from what I read. Also we must consider that when starting an app large part of the time should be spent loading the app from the flash memory, so the CPU speed is only a part of the equation.

But I also mentioned that the iPhone 4, still being slower, never lagged. Then someone should explain me what's wrong with the Android IPC (or whaever it's using). Sometimes it takes even 15-20 seconds to open the Play Store when clicking in a notification for some updates. Others it's just immediate. Yes, I did restore to factory settings a couple of times already. Hopefully Lollipop with ART fixed or at least improved that (my phone should receive the update soon).

You can try purchasing it in Singapore. I  heard it's much cheaper there.