By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you paying $40 for Destiny: The Taken King?

Are you getting Taken King?

Yes, $40 is chump change 23 22.77%

No, way overpriced for DLC 39 38.61%

I will consider it based ... 9 8.91%

What is Destiny? I play real games. 30 29.70%

Total:101

Having recently got back into Destiny, I have been interested with the Taken King expansion. No, Destiny is not perfect. The story is basically non-existant (especially with my expectation being Halo level) and it can get quite repetitive. However, with friends; preferably that you know, it can be a lot of fun. With that said, I find it hard to justify the $40 price tag on the new expansion. 

What exactly are we even getting? I've been playing around and learning the new 2.0 update; complete with new level system, maps, missions, layout, ect... That's basically most of what Bungie/Activi$ion has been advertising. Why would anybody pay $40 for some story missions unless they somehow end up being breathtaking. 

I'll at least wait for reviews. 

What say you? 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Yes I am, don't care what the haters think.

NobleTeam360 said:
Yes I am, don't care what the haters think.

What he said.

My brother has been clamming me to get it.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Lol, no.

Around the Network

Forgot this game even existed. Is it even relevant? I have friends with PS4s and X1s, none of them even own Destiny.. lol.

Areal-Llort said:
Forgot this game even existed. Is it even relevant? I have friends with PS4s and X1s, none of them even own Destiny.. lol.

Probably the most streamed ip on psn next to GTA, so yah it is very relevant...... And this expansion is probably going to sell gangbusters especially if reviewed well..... I'm hoping sony made hundreds of thousands of destiny bundles, because if stock is there it will be a bungie vs ex bungie fight come October for sales dominance.... I do expect destiny to be one of the biggest selling ip this holiday season..... 

mM

If I had time to play a grind game like this I would. The controls are rock solid, but the idea of playing missions over, and over to level up coupled with the lack of a story (biggest flaw to me) tells me nope.

For those excited to play, hope it's fun for you.

I will buy a goty version with all dlc and wverything releaed for destiny

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

plip.plop said:
If I had time to play a grind game like this I would. The controls are rock solid, but the idea of playing missions over, and over to level up coupled with the lack of a story (biggest flaw to me) tells me nope.

For those excited to play, hope it's fun for you.

Sounds almost like Diablo 2 Baal runs.