By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

Sept will be ps4 than its in the hands of sony,pricecut means ps4 will win and xbox doesnt ever have a change again(next year ff15 etc)

Noo pricecut and xbox one will win the last holiday.

Ps4 a good cod limited edition and ps4 has a small chance

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

7k difference? That's a statistical tie. Great to see Gears and Rare Replay in that top 10 though.

Until Dawn has probably done alright in the end, especially for an xDev title.  I get the feeling they're alright at keeping costs down in their games (although it may have suffered from an extended dev cycle since originally being a PS3 PS Move game).

TheGoldenBoy said:

From creamsugar:

Rare Replay <109k
Until Dawn <90k
One Piece PW3 <16k
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 <13k

Etrian Odyssey is pretty damn consistent in the USA.  One Piece didn't do so hot considering it released on 3 platforms.

Ali_16x said:
Jranation said:
Sony:
"We would like to thank our fans and partners for their ongoing support of PlayStation and for making PS4 the top selling console and No. 1 in software sales in North America in August”.

Yes, and thankyou for your support for the PSVITA as well. Seriously, no mention to the Vita again!?!?
Even Nintendo is mentioning the Wii U even if it getting slayed from the competition.

Are you being serious? Why would they even mention the Vita? Seriously? It's not like the Vita sells a lot.

Because its stil part of Sony. Any infor like the digital sales would be enough. BUT NOPE!

NO MENTIONING AT ALL! 

Sony is such a great company. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Ali_16x said:

Are you being serious? Why would they even mention the Vita? Seriously? It's not like the Vita sells a lot.

Because its stil part of Sony. Any infor like the digital sales would be enough. BUT NOPE!

NO MENTIONING AT ALL! 

They'd only mention Vita if it outsold 3DS or was up YOY. Otherwise they wont mention it in PR.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
bananaking21 said:

i think XB1 will get one as well. Novermber is really hard to predict because you dont know what deals both consoles will get on BF, which is the deciding factor in winning Nov. 

True. 

I'm not so sure of an X1 price cut though. They can't drop it $50 every year. This year I think they will  rely on their exclusives to sell systems and save the price cut for next year. 

i actually think they are gonna cut the price 50$ by the time of the holidays, and another 20-30 dollars during black friday. MS relies on the holiday a lot, and they need to sell better than last year. without a price cut i dont see that happening. the only exclusive that will really push consoles is halo. 

ArchangelMadzz said:

They'd only mention Vita if it outsold 3DS or was up YOY. Otherwise they wont mention it in PR.

It was up YoY in January and February iirc, but they didn't say anything about it.

Seven Million Amiibos...that's crazy money for Nintendo. Maybe could be a lot more were there not the stock issues too, ah well.

Good month for the XOne and PS4, naturally. Splatoon is showing reasonable legs as well, so everyone's a winner.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Jranation said:

NO MENTIONING AT ALL! 

That makes sense. Thy dont wanna make it look worse than what it is right now. 

But since VGChartz doesnt count digital sales, they should at least mention that. And how Most PSVITA games are on digital (Indies and Japanese games) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

So... Until Dawn at #7 with one week of sales?

That's pretty good actually, isn't it?