By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This may be an old topic, but Operation Kos-Mos was a failure. What does this mean to you?

Tagged games:

Sony Girl is gonna be pissed at people who loved the games but didn't sign the petition. I'm sad though. The story of Xenosaga is very good, and the games are underrated. Except for 2.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
I never understood why this didn't happen. It wouldn't have been all that crazy to use resources from XCX and put them towards Xenosaga. Both even used the same art style. I really think that it wouldn't have been that tough of a project.

I think there are MANY reasons why this failed, but the biggest of them are:

1: Expectations for signatures was FAR too high. Operation Rainfall only had around 5,000 I believe (though there were other avenues of support, like it was a #1 Amazon preorder BEFORE it was even announced to release worldwide). Why go looking for multiple tens of thousands on signatures. I knew it wasn't going to happen, so I am not surprised this failed at all.

2: He was WAY to secret about what he wanted the game to be. Was it going to be a straight HD port? Was it going to be a remake? Was it going to be a collective project of Monolith Soft and Namco? If not, who was the team that was going to lead production? What system(s) was he even looking at bringing it to? 

That's my theory on it anyways. 

XanderXT said:

Sony Girl is gonna be pissed at people who loved the games but didn't sign the petition. I'm sad though. The story of Xenosaga is very good, and the games are underrated. Except for 2.

I love them, but they are very flawed games. The art direction changed in all 3 which was a little jarring, the pacing of the games were terrible, the battle system I felt progressively got worse (from what I remember, granted it was a long time ago), the story as a whole (one of the most important parts of a Xeno game) had TOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNS of loose ends and plot holes. It is in every sense of the word a disasterous trilogy....

That said, I love it for what it is and wish I could have seen an HD release (or actually a full on 6 episode remake). 

Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

Based on this, http://gearnuke.com/katsuhiro-harada-gives-update-xenosaga-hd-collection/ , #OperationKosMos is officially a failure, so what does this mean for the future of Xenosaga? Would it even be beneficial for them to release it with the game struggling to reach 10,000 people who even want it released? 

What do you predict about the future of Xenosaga HD? Is it dead in the water, or do you think we will see it sometime in the future?

That's a bit outdated info (July) as there was an update to the situation recently that brought "some" hope for fans.

He also wrote in that article that he would go a different route being he isn't going to get the sigs he wants. The hope is very much alive. *Edit* But even Helen Keller could see that this is more than likely going to flop hard. Harada better be doing this for himself and not for the money. 

bigtakilla said:
XanderXT said:

I love them, but they are very flawed games. The art direction changed in all 3 which was a little jarring, the pacing of the games were terrible, the battle system I felt progressively got worse (from what I remember, granted it was a long time ago), the story as a whole (one of the most important parts of a Xeno game) had TOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNS of loose ends and plot holes. It is in every sense of the word a disasterous trilogy....

That said, I love it for what it is and wish I could have seen an HD release (or actually a full on 6 episode remake). 

Well it's underrated for me, because noboy ever talks about it. It's a good series, wouldn't say great, but it's better than some of the crap that are passed off as JRPGs nowadays.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

Based on this, http://gearnuke.com/katsuhiro-harada-gives-update-xenosaga-hd-collection/ , #OperationKosMos is officially a failure, so what does this mean for the future of Xenosaga? Would it even be beneficial for them to release it with the game struggling to reach 10,000 people who even want it released? 

What do you predict about the future of Xenosaga HD? Is it dead in the water, or do you think we will see it sometime in the future?

That's a bit outdated info (July) as there was an update to the situation recently that brought "some" hope for fans.

I don't understand what he's trying to say...

Too bad.The series is great, freaking loved Episode 3.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (inhales) OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope there's still a chance for Xenogears HD...

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Kirin_gaming said:
Too bad.The series is great, freaking loved Episode 3.

Me too........

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

I can't understand what he said. No offense to him

Bet with Xander XT: 

Me!