By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Weapon Tier List, Based On Actual Effectiveness! <(^_^<)

jason1637 said:
Nice list but ill put Splatterscope in A teir.

Splat Charger variants includes scopes aswell, but fines I'll just write them all out. :L

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
jason1637 said:
Nice list but ill put Splatterscope in A teir.

Splat Charger variants includes scopes aswell, but fines I'll just write them all out. :L

I cant use a regular charger unless is squifler since i am used to scoping.

Einsam_Delphin said:
LinkVPit said:

Yes the characteristics of the weapons are facts as they are shown in the game.

But you saying that it's inaccurate and short ranged, therefore it's bottom tier aren't.  If anything the inaccuracy combined with it's fire rate make the RG & MG top tier guns in turf war, just based on ink coverage. Which is the point of the game. A good player gets around the range issue.

That's not all I said, don't forget the part where it's sub n special don't aid with combat, giving it uber low kill potential considering the low range and low accuracy, aswell as how it's ink spread isn't even much higher than most other weapons, thus it has no redeeming qualitys or niches to fill since other weapons are just better than it in everyway, atleast for the RG. MG has Seekers n Inkzooka that make it a step better. Anywho, at high level play, ink coverage is definitely not all that matters, and I'm sorry but you'd have to be damn crazy if you think spreading ink wide without having to jump or flick the stick back n forth but having terrible accuracy is a good trade off.

It's weird then that I can finish top player 75% time with it, getting plenty of kills and ink coverage. Just imagine what I could do if the range was slightly longer or it was more accurate :-p

Just because you can't use a weapon doesn't mean it's not a good weapon. Based on the comments on here, your list is very poor.

Challenge me sometime and we'll see how poor it is against your elite tier a weapons....

jason1637 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I cant use a regular charger unless is squifler since i am used to scoping.

Strictly speaking, the Scopes are better than the standards due to +range/-mobility when scoped, which is plainly better...

That said, I can't get used to scopes so normal chargers are my go to

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

LinkVPit said:

It's weird then that I can finish top player 75% time with it, getting plenty of kills and ink coverage. Just imagine what I could do if the range was slightly longer or it was more accurate :-p

Just because you can't use a weapon doesn't mean it's not a good weapon. Based on the comments on here, your list is very poor.

Challenge me sometime and we'll see how poor it is against your elite tier a weapons....

I'll take your lack of response to pretty much my whole post as you agreeing with all points against the Areospray thus acknowledgeing the fact that it is inferior to most every weapon. Your second sentence also confirms this with you admitting you could do better if the Areospray had longer range and better accuracy, a.k.a. using a different weapon.

Your argument now is just anecdotal so it means nothing, but eh I'll roll with it. Firstly, player skill is the most important thing in this game, so doing well with subpar weapons is possible. Secondly your personal results really don't mean anything without knowing the skill level of your opponent's and what weapons they were using and how many games you've played total among other things. What Rank are you, B? That's pretty much the only time you'll get anywhere with an Areospray. Pretty much no one A+ or higher uses it, and certainly no one participating in clan scrims n tournaments does even when playing Turf War, and those groups hold way more weight than what a few people in this thread have said.

If you mean in a 1v1, well that'd be dumb since that's not how this game is played, but beyond that me playing you wouldn't be an accurate way to judge weapon worth since, well not to toot my horn or anything, but the fact that we're having this discussion means I'm probably better versed in this game, thus I could easily beat you regardless of weapons. Plus, I really don't care enough to prove an obvious point to one guy. I mean it's great that you like the weapon and you do well with it, but that doesn't mean it's all that, just like how I do awesomely with stick controls, but would never try to say they're better than the superior motion controls.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
LinkVPit said:

I'll take your lack of response to pretty much my whole post as you agreeing with all points against the Areospray thus acknowledgeing the fact that it is inferior to most every weapon. Your second sentence also confirms this with you admitting you could do better if the Areospray had longer range and better accuracy, a.k.a. using a different weapon.

Your argument now is just anecdotal so it means nothing, but eh I'll roll with it. Firstly, player skill is the most important thing in this game, so doing well with subpar weapons is possible. Secondly your personal results really don't mean anything without knowing the skill level of your opponent's and what weapons they were using and how many games you've played total among other things. What Rank are you, B? That's pretty much the only time you'll get anywhere with an Areospray. Pretty much no one A+ or higher uses it, and certainly no one participating in clan scrims n tournaments does even when playing Turf War, and those groups hold way more weight than what a few people in this thread have said.

If you mean in a 1v1, well that'd be dumb since that's not how this game is played, but beyond that me playing you wouldn't be an accurate way to judge weapon worth since, well not to toot my horn or anything, but the fact that we're having this discussion means I'm probably better versed in this game, thus I could easily beat you regardless of weapons. Plus, I really don't care enough to prove an obvious point to one guy. I mean it's great that you like the weapon and you do well with it, but that doesn't mean it's all that, just like how I do awesomely with stick controls, but would never try to say they're better than the superior motion controls.

Struggling to spot the sarcasm in my response there.

Also going from saying you won't toot your own horn, to then saying you'd beat me easily based on no evidence of my skill level and that you are better versed in the game...ok then lol. Playing in a clan doesn't suddenly turn you into a skilled player.

Are these weapon ranks strictly ranking weapons based on their effectiveness in "ranked" games only or in turf war as well?

Personally I think you underrate the brushes a bit. I also think you're not giving the L-3 Nozzle enough respect. That weapon class is lethal. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

mZuzek said:

Do you seriously not notice how ridiculously arrogant and stupid you sound whenever you're talking about Splatoon?

Guess you're still mad from earlier, and anyway I don't care how I sound as long as what I'm saying makes sense.

LinkVPit said:

Struggling to spot the sarcasm in my response there.

Also going from saying you won't toot your own horn, to then saying you'd beat me easily based on no evidence of my skill level and that you are better versed in the game...ok then lol. Playing in a clan doesn't suddenly turn you into a skilled player.

What sarcasm in what response? You've barely been responding to anything I'm saying.

Your next paragraph really holds no value in this discussion. Again, my evidence is the fact that we're having this conversation in the first place, and you're completely missing the point for why I brought up clans.

PenguinZ said:

Are these weapon ranks strictly ranking weapons based on their effectiveness in "ranked" games only or in turf war as well?

Personally I think you underrate the brushes a bit. I also think you're not giving the L-3 Nozzle enough respect. That weapon class is lethal. 

It's overall, and even it was just turf war, I don't think I'd change anything.

Brushes are highly mobile, but that doesn't do much good when it's very hard to kill anything without dying first. Their subs and specials aren't the greatest either. The issue with Nozzlenoses is the sudden movement speed increase after you fire a burst, making it difficult to aim with.