By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What are your thoughts on the refugees crisis in Europe?

GTstation said:
Don't let them in, tell them to head south to their rich brothers in SudiaA Quatr and UAE.

Any there already should be imprisoned and sent back.

we cant, we are western humanist, we are just better people than those saudis.

Moderated for this and other posts - Leadified

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
The amount of racism in this thread is pathetic.

What exactly is upsetting you? The fact that people are pointing out that Islamist have caused great damage to the west in recent times?

Lawlight said:
Mbolibombo said:
The amount of racism in this thread is pathetic.

What exactly is upsetting you? The fact that people are pointing out that Islamist have caused great damage to the west in recent times?

What? I think West caused MUCH greater damage to islamic people last 15 years...

Sharu said:
Lawlight said:

What? I think West caused MUCH greater damage to islamic people last 15 years...

That is definitely true, I agree with you 100%.

Psychotic said:

Alright, alright, guys, I think we can all agree Russia is a great and rich country where the sun shines on all the happy children and unicorns roam the countyside and all those rumors about it being cr*p in EVERYTHING except military strength have all been lies by the western media (and by everyone who's ever been there) and you'll love it there so much, guys. Unless you're gay. Or non-white. Or Ukrainian. Or non-Christian. Or the wrong type of Christian. Or curious. Or poor. Or handicapped. Or liberal. Or female. But except that, it's juuuuust fine.

Can we put this to rest now?

Sure we can, but that's not the point of my post. I strive to understand the processes in the world, so I encourage other people. While yours judgements are rather weak I'm afraid, indications of which are general emotionality, lack of critical thinking in form of reproducing various cliches, unneeded attention to superficial thoughts and ideas. Would you have been honest with yourself you'd have agreed with me. Sorry I have to address your post in this way, but you left me with no choice, because addressing it somehow different is hard and ultimately pointless since it consists from value judgements and nothing else, while I mentioned "deadbeats" and explained. I think in context of modern world it's substantialy more important in the long run.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:

Solve the war before solving the refugee problem!

How it could be solved relatively cheap for Europe? You have to literally reestablish and support for years social system and infrastructure of entire region. Would have a common sense prevailed at the early stage of Arab Spring, things might have been different. Right now, I'm afraid they're out of anyone's control for quite a while.

mai said:

Sure we can, but that's not the point of my post. I strive to understand the processes in the world, so I encourage other people. While yours judgements are rather weak I'm afraid, indications of which are general emotionality, lack of critical thinking in form of reproducing various cliches, unneeded attention to superficial thoughts and ideas. Would you have been honest with yourself you'd have agreed with me. Sorry I have to address your post in this way, but you left me with no choice, because addressing it somehow different is hard and ultimately pointless since it consists from value judgements and nothing else, while I mentioned "deadbeats" and explained. I think in context of modern world it's substantialy more important in the long run.

Of course, the old "If you were smart/honest, you would agree with me" argument. And because you don't agree with me, you are this and this and this. Of course no examples of these things provided.

Besides, your arguments are trying to prove to me that grass in Russia is pink. These things about Russia are common knowledge. Yes, the media could be lying, everybody who's been there or worked there could be lying, international bodies could be lying and the photos might be fake, but I'd go ahead and say it's more likely that you are wrong. Russian media are amongst the worst in the world and the country is very authoritarian and nationalist, so... of course you're being bombarded by messages how great the Motherland is. Just... don't expect it to be convincing to outsiders, okay?

Pretty accurate I think

Psychotic said:
mai said:

Of course, the old "If you were smart/honest, you would agree with me" argument. And because you don't agree with me, you are this and this and this. Of course no examples of these things provided.

Besides, your arguments are trying to prove to me that grass in Russia is pink. These things about Russia are common knowledge. Yes, the media could be lying, everybody who's been there or worked there could be lying, international bodies could be lying and the photos might be fake, but I'd go ahead and say it's more likely that you are wrong. Russian media are amongst the worst in the world and the country is very authoritarian and nationalist, so... of course you're being bombarded by messages how great the Motherland is. Just... don't expect it to be convincing to outsiders, okay?

My arguments were in the post one below the "deadbeats" post, which are facts. Your arguments are value judgements, which are not facts by definition, pointless to argue with them, you're entitled to believe in what you choosed to believe.