By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What you don't like about Nintendo

jason1637 said:
Dusk said:
Basically, NoA. That's what I dislike. They suck. Their marketing blows, they don't work hard enough at bringing games from Japan over and they don't seem to have any faith in their own products.

I do however like Nintendo as a whole. They make great games, good systems and from my experiences have fairly good customer service. They also seem to be the last of the console manufacturers that are in it to make their customers happy and in doing that, build their business that way.

SUper Mario Maker has really good ads.

Great! What about all the other games they have released, and are going to be releasing in the near future? Actually, I haven't even seen an ad for Mario Maker even. Not any banners, commercials on TV or Youtube or anything. Although, technically it could be NoC that is to blame for this since I'm in Canada, but they do tend to work together for the most part. I have seen ads for Splatoon... That's about it. They actually did really well with that one. I'm a bit of a cinephile so I see them fairly regularly and there were lots of Splatoon with that, but nothing for Mario Maker yet. 

None of that excuses my initial point, or any others I mentioned. 

Glad you are happy with NoA... 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

Too many games involving Mario.
Not enough home console JRPGs. Does the Wii U even have any other JRPG aside from XCX?

Ka-pi96 said:

No achievements
That their games aren't available on other consoles
That games not made by them are rarely available on their consoles
That they try and change things that don't need changing
Region locking their consoles
Their fanboys

Well, you wouldn't expect Sony Games on Xbox, wouldn't you ?

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo is perfect the way they are.

best answer so far

I dont like their ability to be doomed since 1986 and still exist.

They refuse to acknowledge the core gamers that bought the original Pokemon games and deliver a Pokemon game not catered to 8 year olds.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

there need to be different just for the hell of being different

Their fanboys. Nintendo is a company, they're doing their stuff and I either buy it or don't. There is no "like" component.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Your list of Wii U and 3DS games that you won't get to play due to region-locking. Go!

I'll make a list when I'm not on mobile.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Tootylicious said:
Not enough home console JRPGs. Does the Wii U even have any other JRPG aside from XCX?

Yes, but they are all indie or VC. Oddly enough, quite a few. The VC games are great, but the indies ones I have played.... Uhhhh. Not quite as much. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
Tootylicious said:

Yes, but they are all indie or VC. Oddly enough, quite a few. The VC games are great, but the indies ones I have played.... Uhhhh. Not quite as much. 

I won't count VC unless there are previously japanese-only titles included that suddenly got an english translation.

Indie... ugh, I really don't feel like investing much time into Indie JRPGs unless something about them is really interesting. They'll usually end up in hours of grinding without any worthy reward.