By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - console exclusive: Nobunaga's Ambition 82 on metacritic

Ruler said:
Burek said:
82 is also the number of copies it will sell.

This game is the very definition of the word niche.

(of course, it's not as niche as Gran Turismo...)

What does it matter for you how much copies its going to sell if its a good game?  

Also the media was Quick jumping the gun against the PS4 and japanese games when godzilla came out but is now completley silent about this game, what a suprise?

Because we are at a sales site? 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Burek said:
82 is also the number of copies it will sell.

This game is the very definition of the word niche.

(of course, it's not as niche as Gran Turismo...)

What does it matter for you how much copies its going to sell if its a good game?  

Also the media was Quick jumping the gun against the PS4 and japanese games when godzilla came out but is now completley silent about this game, what a suprise?

Because if it sells well it will bring futher games in the series to the west.

It's a great series of games and I want it to suceed but as Iv'e mentioned this before but I really think with the price tag they have dug their own grave at winning sales at anyone but the most hardcore of fans.

Ruler said

Bladestorm nightmare edition is another strategy game you can control now up to 4 unit-armys with this remaster

Hmm, thanks, wasn't even on my radar, might have to check it out.

xl-klaudkil said:
Great! The game looks great and fills im another genre that whas lacking on the ps3.

But i thought ps4 has no games?

It does... a bunch of ps3 games. ZING!

WoodenPints said:
Ruler said:

It's a great series of games and I want it to suceed but as Iv'e mentioned this before but I really think with the price tag they have dug their own grave at winning sales at anyone but the most hardcore of fans.

The price doesnt matter, it can drop quickley. Its allready 55€ on amazon,

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Great! The game looks great and fills im another genre that whas lacking on the ps3.

But i thought ps4 has no games?

It does... a bunch of ps3 games. ZING!

So does pc and xbox whats your point?

Ruler said:
WoodenPints said:

The price doesnt matter, it can drop quickley. Its allready 55€ on amazon,

Of course price matters it should of been a £29.99 like Onechanbara Z2 which for a niche title seems to be doing rather strong, Rather than a £48 of Nobunaga's Ambition. It's a completely unknown series to 99.9% of people who walk into a gamestore or see it on Amazon and they will see the price and not even consider getting the game.

FunFan said:
OneeChanbara Z2 is solid.

Made my Snake solid.

*edit*

Aww.  I was too slow. :(  Anyway, I've been aware of this series since I was a kid but never played out even saw a screen shot.  It's gotta be a great series to last this long.  I wonder who plays it.

JWeinCom said:
Kagerow said:
JWeinCom said:
I only played the one with Pokemon, but it was a pretty solid strategy game. Is this coming to the US?

That game and this game is not going to be similar.

Remember Civilization V? Remove technological progression, complex construction / unit management and such from it. Then in that place, put Hero management simulator.

Entire game's difficulty hinges on having more skilled and talented officers under your boots than having better resource pool. So you will spent majority of game play on micro managing what your officers are supposed to do, their happiness, training, and loyalty. (Depending on the game.)

Also, they will allow you to create custom officer that you can use to become a new power, or just added as an extra officer you could use.

Depending on which entry in the series you play, it has different focus. Sphere of Influence focuses on Diplomacy, and nerfed management and combat aspect. Kinda forces on you though. On higher difficulty, enemies will cheat blatantly, like gaining twice as more resource than you do - making direct combat very difficult. (I didn't exactly played it, but I know someone who does. But this opinion is based on version without PK.)

Bummer.  Doesn't seem like my kind of thing.  Thanks for the description.

That said, some games (Sotensoku / RoTK 10, or 13 that is coming to the west) directly focuses on heroes. Allowing you to play individual hero (Or custom hero) like RPG. (You can even automate or skip regional management and/or combat) Completing quest, build relationship with famous people, learn new skill, improve stats, search for items and even marriage. (It does support 1v1 combat)

Of course, historical accuracy goes out of the window in this case.

It looks interesting. Definitely a game I want.