By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Racing game fans, what is your top 10 of car games?

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Gran Turismo 2
3. Mario Kart Double Dash
4. Muppets Race Mania
5. Rad Racer
6. Wipeout HD
7. Motorstorm
8. Cruisin' World
9. Crusin' USA
10. RC Pro-Am

Around the Network

1. Mario Kart 64
2. Crash Team Racing
3. Diddy Kong Racing
4. Mario Kart Double Dash
5. Mario Kart Wii
6. Mario Kart Super Circuit
7. Need for Speed: Something, I guess, although, I fucking hated that game.

I'm now filled with determination.

Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Double Dash

yes, they're all Mario Karts :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

LudicrousSpeed said:

I'm not gonna put them in order, and I am also going to include the first Driver game, as you only played in a vehicle, and you did race against the clock and in some missions the police. I'm also going to try and only include one game from franchises. Like, I could put Gran Turismo 1-3 in there easily, maybe even 4. But boooooooring.

Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. The PSone classic. Awesome SP experience, challenging AI.
Sega Rally Championship 2. On the Dreamcast, of course.
Gran Turismo 2. The pinnacle of the franchise imho.
Burnout: Takedown. Still might be the best MP racer I have ever played.
Rallisport Challenge 2. Amaaaaaaazing. If I were putting them in order this might be #2 behind GT2.
Daytona USA. The DC version was really good. The Saturn version, that framerate though.
Driver. Only the first one. Awesome driving, great physics, especially the exaggerated flying cop cars.
Destruction Derby: Raw. Much better than the other two games imho, and the N64 DD was crap. Instead of race cars and tracks with some demolition mixed in, these tracks were all about setting up awesome collisions.
World Driver Championship. An amazing and imho underrated N64 gem.
Forza 4. The pinnacle of the Forza franchise imho.

I forgot about the original Driver, that was fantastic. Awesome pass the controller playing against the cops. The best strategy was doing circles on the grass in the park. Them coppers weren't very good at drifting. V-Rally was also a favorite at that time, so smooth with instant restarts, perfect for competitive hot seat play. Honorable mention: Crazy taxi. I bought a DC just for that. Driver SF was pretty good too btw, very enjoyable racer.

I really hope Rallisport challenge 3 happens some day. Those long tracks were so satisfying to race on. Colin McRae had better handling yet the tracks always felt rather short, shorter in DiRT and even shorter in WRC. 10 minute point to point races should be standard for rally games imo.

I was a huge racing fan a few years back but nto so much not. My favorite is Need for Speed series. I also like forz horizon 2.

Around the Network

I don´t have a top ten but I have a GOAT: Crash Team Racing

No order

Carmageddon
P.O.D.
Motorhead
Sega Rally
Daytona USA
WRC rally evolved
Monaco Grand Prix
Destruction Derby
Manx TT Superbike and Road rash if bikes are allowed
Motorstorm

In no particular order:

- Driveclub
- GT 5 (only gran turismo I played)
- GTR2
- Outrun
- Formula 1 GP3

Several people have mentioned NFS Underground, gara check it out sometime.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

1. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005, 360) the best of the nfs games by far, as well as the original most wanted. My first "next gen" hd game. Such a wonderful racing gem.

2. Burnout Paradise (2008, ps3) great racing game, seamless drop in and out online, replayability like crazy, guns N Roses theme song

3. Mario Kart 64: best Mario kart for me. Had a blast playing this game. Much memories.

4. Crazy Taxi: one of the only games I remember playing with my sister. Fun as hell.

That's about all I can list. I've played the gran turismos/forza/ect. But personally I think none of them are fun at all. Boring games.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros