By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 Exclusive (Initial D: Extreme Stage)

I enjoyed the anime a lot, which is weird since I'm not really into racing, or racing games, or cars

Although I think it struck a note with me since some of the main characters use Mazda RX-7's, which are my favorite cars of all time :D

Apparently the initial D games were popular in japanese arcades, I've never played a single one. Heard one of the need for speed games had the AE86 as a secret unlockable car, which is pretty neat

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Initial D = the best car anime/manga ever and one of the best anime/mangas of all times ... the games were rather disappointing up until now I heard, hopefully this one will live up to the superb reputation of anime and manga

Well said Lafiel.

Initial D is quite awesome.

More youtube goodness from Initial D.

Nights of Fire

Running in the 90s

Don't stop the music

Damnit, looks like I'll haev to head back to Tokyotosho to dl this again...
Any other recommendations while I'm at it, anyone?

Mummelmann said:
Damnit, looks like I'll haev to head back to Tokyotosho to dl this again...
Any other recommendations while I'm at it, anyone?

Probably be better as its own thread but really the first couple of stages alone will keep you busy for a while. ^_^

Magnific0 said:

Dogfight!!

Great great song!

(going to youtube to hear more from m.o.v.e.)

Around the Network

Hm, it's strange that Sega of all companies seems to be giving the ps3 so much love. First Valkyria Chronicles, and now this? They're not exactly one of the most financially stable companies at the moment, so you'd think they'd be trying to maximize profit with every release.

But hey, I ain't complaining. :P

Is this game going to be released outside of Japan? I'll need to add it to the ps3 exclusives list.

cool

I'm back...

Initial D is something of a cult classic amonst manga fans these days. Lots of my friends are absolutely gay for it, although I have no idea why. =P

Weird how such a niche game ends up as a PS3 exclusive of all things.

Oh wait, does the Playstation Network thing mean it's a downloadable title? That would sure explain it.

^It probably means it has online play.

Parokki said:
Initial D is something of a cult classic amonst manga fans these days. Lots of my friends are absolutely gay for it, although I have no idea why. =P

Weird how such a niche game ends up as a PS3 exclusive of all things.

Oh wait, does the Playstation Network thing mean it's a downloadable title? That would sure explain it.

No, I don't think it's going to be a PSN downloadable title.

The reason for the symbol is probably because it's set to have online play.

From IGN: "In addition to a visual update, the big new feature for [Initial D: Extreme Stage] is an online racing mode."