By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tom Brady is clear, Suspension is lifted

mornelithe said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

and the commishioner of the NFL who has favored the Patriots in the past ruled the other way.  Authoritarian figures are clearly divided on this.  Given Goodell's history I take the fact that he actually punished the Patriots (thought titles should have been taken for this and spygate) as vindication that this was just too strong to ignore.  Also I like how you refuse to refute my Belicheck point

lol, yeah because the Patriots haven't had the 2 largest penalties in the history of the league levied against them (By Goodell).  Guess what Bub, if Kurt Warner (potentially impacted way, way more than you in the 'spygate' drama) calls it bullshit.  Then, yeah, your opinion doesn't really amount to much.  :)

Kurt is a class act and of course he's not going to make excuses.  The Pats did become a more offensive team after the tapes of the other team's offenses stopped being use though.  Curious at the very least.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

when you're basically the face of the NFL and their star, you can do whatever you want lol

Oh so now it's not about money, it's about public perception of your image?  But, I thought it'd been tarnished by this?  How would you be the face of the NFL, with such a tarnished image?  Doesn't really pass the smell test.  Especially given the rest of the country was 'utterly convinced' of guilt.  Even though the Judge disagreed.

It is about money. He's the face of the franchise and the face of the NFL, him missing any game time or any games or any marketing potential,loses the NFL money. He loses game time, the entire league loses money. Its pretty simple.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
mornelithe said:

lol, yeah because the Patriots haven't had the 2 largest penalties in the history of the league levied against them (By Goodell).  Guess what Bub, if Kurt Warner (potentially impacted way, way more than you in the 'spygate' drama) calls it bullshit.  Then, yeah, your opinion doesn't really amount to much.  :)

Kurt is a class act and of course he's not going to make excuses.  The Pats did become a more offensive team after the tapes of the other team's offenses stopped being use though.  Curious at the very least.

Huh?  Do you even follow the NFL?  Every team still tapes, it's just a matter of location, not whether they can or cannot tape.  Additionally, the defenses shifted, mainly due to the pissing and moaning of the Colts Owner for Pats defense beating up their receivers (which was a rule changed after that season ended).  There's really nothing curious about this stuff, if you actually took the time to research them.

PwerlvlAmy said:
mornelithe said:

Oh so now it's not about money, it's about public perception of your image?  But, I thought it'd been tarnished by this?  How would you be the face of the NFL, with such a tarnished image?  Doesn't really pass the smell test.  Especially given the rest of the country was 'utterly convinced' of guilt.  Even though the Judge disagreed.

It is about money. He's the face of the franchise and the face of the NFL, him missing any game time or any games or any marketing potential,loses the NFL money. He loses game time, the entire league loses money. Its pretty simple.

Haha, yeah, which totally explains why they're appealing.  Makes perfect sense. :)

In reality, the fact is, Goodell wants to protect the authority the commissioner has under the CBA.  And he cares little for anything else beyond that.  People like to suggest this all 'changed' in 2011 when the new CBA was agreed upon, however, people neglect to inform themselves of history.  The Commissioner has always had this authority, and the league has always aggressively defended that authority.  The difference is, Goodell continues to abuse the essence of the CBA, and as a result, has lost _5_ cases, challenging that authority.  5 Major cases.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Only Tom Brady would take things this far to get a suspension lifted. What a cry baby. Oh well it's not like he has any real rings so we'll see if he can finally win one legit.

SB49 wasn't legit?

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Haha, yeah, which totally explains why they're appealing.  Makes perfect sense. :)

In reality, the fact is, Goodell wants to protect the authority the commissioner has under the CBA.  And he cares little for anything else beyond that.  People like to suggest this all 'changed' in 2011 when the new CBA was agreed upon, however, people neglect to inform themselves of history.  The Commissioner has always had this authority, and the league has always aggressively defended that authority.  The difference is, Goodell continues to abuse the essence of the CBA, and as a result, has lost _5_ cases, challenging that authority.  5 Major cases.

Like I said its pretty simple and straight forward all ready with what I stated. No more really neesd to be said lol

PwerlvlAmy said:
mornelithe said:

Like I said its pretty simple and straight forward all ready with what I stated. No more really neesd to be said lol

Wrapped up nicely in a little bow....I guess?   Thankfully, clearer heads judged this case.

mornelithe said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Wrapped up nicely in a little bow....I guess?   Thankfully, clearer heads judged this case.

uh huh ^__-

mornelithe said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Huh?  Do you even follow the NFL?  Every team still tapes, it's just a matter of location, not whether they can or cannot tape.  Additionally, the defenses shifted, mainly due to the pissing and moaning of the Colts Owner for Pats defense beating up their receivers (which was a rule changed after that season ended).  There's really nothing curious about this stuff, if you actually took the time to research them.

there's nothing curious because everyone with a clear head realizes that it's tainted rings.  It's like the 1919 White Sox in severity and the Pats will be remembered just as badly

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
mornelithe said:

there's nothing curious because everyone with a clear head realizes that it's tainted rings.  It's like the 1919 White Sox in severity and the Pats will be remembered just as badly

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, and once upon a time, the public thought Slavery was cool.  Just goes to show you how much faith you should place in the publics opinion :)

PS. http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/06/28/pro-football-hall-fame-tom-brady-deflategate-legacy-patriots

Your opinion is irrelevant +1