By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tom Brady is clear, Suspension is lifted

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
mornelithe said:

No matter how the year plays out, I'm just glad we're going to get a chance to see it unfold UNfairly. :)

come on we all know he cheated let's not kid ourselves

besides what does Brady have to do with your success?  As much as I dislike Belicheck he's clearly the one responsible here.  He came up with the camera tricks to get them their 3 superbowls, landed Brady Moss and Welker when he was sinking, and the most evidence of all of Brady's lack of influence on their team...they went 11-5 without him when Matt Cassel started after not being in a game since High School.  Brady comes back the next year and they went down a game to 10-6 lol.  Most overrated QB in history.  We'll see if he can get a legit ring.

*yawn* If you're not even going to bother reading the documentation available, why even bother commenting on something?  Sorry, I've literally read all the documents available, and there's STILL no proof of any actual cheating.

For the record, not even the Judge was convinced there was any actual wrongdoing.  And I'm supposed to take someone w/ a Robert Downey Junior avatar's version of the facts, over a Judge?  Nevermind that the NFL preemptively filed this, thus they had 'home field advantage'?  Get real.

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Only Tom Brady would take things this far to get a suspension lifted. What a cry baby. Oh well it's not like he has any real rings so we'll see if he can finally win one legit.

lol @ winning one legit. Damn. I hope a lot of people ITT are Raiders fans. No other reason for so much salt.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Only Tom Brady would take things this far to get a suspension lifted. What a cry baby. Oh well it's not like he has any real rings so we'll see if he can finally win one legit.

lol @ winning one legit. Damn. I hope a lot of people ITT are Raiders fans. No other reason for so much salt.

maybe you need to start considering that it's true.  I really don't even watch football much anymore but Tom Brady's accomplishments are completely tainted.  Perception is reality and it seems most don't value his "titles" very much at all anymore.  I mean spygate was enough to nullify 3 of them and now he doesn't win another until deflategate?  He could try winning one without controvercy lol

I am Iron Man

mornelithe said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

come on we all know he cheated let's not kid ourselves

besides what does Brady have to do with your success?  As much as I dislike Belicheck he's clearly the one responsible here.  He came up with the camera tricks to get them their 3 superbowls, landed Brady Moss and Welker when he was sinking, and the most evidence of all of Brady's lack of influence on their team...they went 11-5 without him when Matt Cassel started after not being in a game since High School.  Brady comes back the next year and they went down a game to 10-6 lol.  Most overrated QB in history.  We'll see if he can get a legit ring.

*yawn* If you're not even going to bother reading the documentation available, why even bother commenting on something?  Sorry, I've literally read all the documents available, and there's STILL no proof of any actual cheating.

For the record, not even the Judge was convinced there was any actual wrongdoing.  And I'm supposed to take someone w/ a Robert Downey Junior avatar's version of the facts, over a Judge?  Nevermind that the NFL preemptively filed this, thus they had 'home field advantage'?  Get real.

and the commishioner of the NFL who has favored the Patriots in the past ruled the other way.  Authoritarian figures are clearly divided on this.  Given Goodell's history I take the fact that he actually punished the Patriots (thought titles should have been taken for this and spygate) as vindication that this was just too strong to ignore.  Also I like how you refuse to refute my Belicheck point

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

maybe you need to start considering that it's true.  I really don't even watch football much anymore but Tom Brady's accomplishments are completely tainted.  Perception is reality and it seems most don't value his "titles" very much at all anymore.  I mean spygate was enough to nullify 3 of them and now he doesn't win another until deflategate?  He could try winning one without controvercy lol

Is it possible to suffer a salt overdose? I think I'm in danger of doing so.

Dude is gonna get into the HOF first ballot. The only people who care about how tainted his accomplishments are, would be bitter manbabies on the Internets upset that their team has 0 Super Bowls in the timeframe that Mr. Brady won four; or, as you admit, someone who doesn't really watch/know much about football.

The NFL had no case here. Personally even though a suspended Brady would have helped my Broncos have an easier time securing the #1 AFC seed, I'm kind of glad the commish apparently cannot just suspend people for the hell of it. I am, however, ok with the idea of the Patriots getting a little of the Al Davis treatment though :)

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
mornelithe said:

and the commishioner of the NFL who has favored the Patriots in the past ruled the other way.  Authoritarian figures are clearly divided on this.  Given Goodell's history I take the fact that he actually punished the Patriots (thought titles should have been taken for this and spygate) as vindication that this was just too strong to ignore.  Also I like how you refuse to refute my Belicheck point

lol, yeah because the Patriots haven't had the 2 largest penalties in the history of the league levied against them (By Goodell).  Guess what Bub, if Kurt Warner (potentially impacted way, way more than you in the 'spygate' drama) calls it bullshit.  Then, yeah, your opinion doesn't really amount to much.  :)

mornelithe said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
not surprised. when you have that much money, you can do/get away with anything :O

So...you're saying that Hundred Millionaire Tom Brady, has enough money to out-influence the multi-billion dollar NFL, and the 31 Billionaire owners?  Really? o.O

EDIT: In New York, in the NFL's home State, in the NFL's jurisdication of choice?  If there were any more thin and unbelievable conspiracy theories out there, I can't even begin to think of one.

when you're basically the face of the NFL and their star, you can do whatever you want lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

First off, Im a niners fan. I'm glad Brady got cleared to play. I love when the pats win and all the fans of the losing teams can say is they cheated. Lol, let the salt flow.... let it flow.

PwerlvlAmy said:
mornelithe said:

So...you're saying that Hundred Millionaire Tom Brady, has enough money to out-influence the multi-billion dollar NFL, and the 31 Billionaire owners?  Really? o.O

EDIT: In New York, in the NFL's home State, in the NFL's jurisdication of choice?  If there were any more thin and unbelievable conspiracy theories out there, I can't even begin to think of one.

when you're basically the face of the NFL and their star, you can do whatever you want lol

Oh so now it's not about money, it's about public perception of your image?  But, I thought it'd been tarnished by this?  How would you be the face of the NFL, with such a tarnished image?  Doesn't really pass the smell test.  Especially given the rest of the country was 'utterly convinced' of guilt.  Even though the Judge disagreed.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Is it possible to suffer a salt overdose? I think I'm in danger of doing so.

Dude is gonna get into the HOF first ballot. The only people who care about how tainted his accomplishments are, would be bitter manbabies on the Internets upset that their team has 0 Super Bowls in the timeframe that Mr. Brady won four; or, as you admit, someone who doesn't really watch/know much about football.

The NFL had no case here. Personally even though a suspended Brady would have helped my Broncos have an easier time securing the #1 AFC seed, I'm kind of glad the commish apparently cannot just suspend people for the hell of it. I am, however, ok with the idea of the Patriots getting a little of the Al Davis treatment though :)

I'm not even close to a Raiders fan and my team has more superbowls than the Patriots so nothing to be salty about here.  Players have been suspended for far less.  You may commense with calling it salt again.  Also I've complimented Bill Belicheck in this thread just to prove I'm not a Patriots hater.  It's clear Brady doesn't mean much to the team given that they went 11-5 without him then 10-6 the year he came back.  He got superbowl MVP the first time with an offense that scored 13 points (7 defensive by the real MVP Ty Law), he threw an INT in the end zone against the panthers that kept the pats from ending the game in the third quarter in his second "MVP" performance, he threw 2 picks that kept the Seahawks in the game for his third "MVP" performance.  Clearly people like to give him unjust praise.  It's ok the overhwhelming majority see him for what he is now.  You can only have so many controvercies before your reputation collapses and brady is far past that point.  So it is in fact his defender's salt that I taste.  And it tastes glorious

I am Iron Man