By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker - Metacritic: 89

I've not had time to read through the reviews yet. Who do we currently dislike? I saw someone mention a 7, so i assume them.

Edit: Ah, Metro and Cubed3. I'll have to write them strongly worded letters expressing my dissatisfaction.

Around the Network

Yet another nice indie title with good reviews.

Ex Graphics Whore.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Goodnightmoon said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well you can, you just can´t upload an entire Mario game with 50 levels for obvious reasons, but you can make it locally and give it to your friends to play it, you can make a Mario game with a ton of worlds and 120 levels.

So I can make an entire Mario games where score and lives carry through the game? Can you provid some sort of link where that is confirmed? I've been looking for that infor since it was announced, and STILL can't find anywhere that says you can make a entire Mario game. It's not in any reviews, and previews... 

I´m not sure if it works like that but when I get the game I will tell you.

Thanks. That would help alot. Just send me a PM and let me know because if that's in the game, I'm buying it.

I'm pretty sure that's not the purpose of the game. I don't think tha's possible. To be quite honest I think the majority of people just want to have a go designing insane levels. 

Well, the only reason why im not getting the game is because of multiplayer. Everything looks sooooooo good, but playing by myself isnt that fun (played NSMB on Wii and Wii U) If they incoorporate at least a 2 player mode (or an online multiplayer would be AWESOME) then its an instant buy.

Great scores overall.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TimCliveroller said:
Yet another nice indie title with good reviews.

Um...what?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Well, the only reason why im not getting the game is because of multiplayer. Everything looks sooooooo good, but playing by myself isnt that fun (played NSMB on Wii and Wii U) If they incoorporate at least a 2 player mode (or an online multiplayer would be AWESOME) then its an instant buy.

Great scores overall.

The multiplayer experience exists on this game, but on a different way, since the game is about design levels, one player can have the gamepad and the other player can have any other kind of controller, and while one is designing the course in the gamepad the other one can test it inmediatly, you can also play the mario challenge with 2 controllers, so you can play one life each other without switching controllers. It´s something.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The fact that you can't link levels together to make an official Mario game killed a sale for me and I've been playing Mario since the first one launched. I just can't imagine playing in isolated levels long enough to justify that price.

you can link different levels and create a 1-1 to 1-4. :)

gabzjmm23 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
The fact that you can't link levels together to make an official Mario game killed a sale for me and I've been playing Mario since the first one launched. I just can't imagine playing in isolated levels long enough to justify that price.

Do you have a link where that is confirmed? I'm not accusing you of lying but, I've searched the entire internet and found nothing about it.

AlfredoTurkey said:
gabzjmm23 said:

Do you have a link where that is confirmed? I'm not accusing you of lying but, I've searched the entire internet and found nothing about it.

i've watched the last IGN lets play with Jose and 'too much water' girl, check that one out. it has 1-1 to 1-4 where Jose created different levels and able to link it and play continuously.

I'd love the Super Mario Land 2 gameboy retro visuals with a green screen to boot. :)