By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - MGSV Retail DVD Only Contains 9MB Steam Installer

Wow props to konami for this nonsense

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

So on wii u when u enter a disk u have to wait 5 mins for it to update. Ps4/xbox1 you have to download the game, pc you have to get it from steam. Also NX is not gonna have a disk and will be digital. Yup gaming in a few years will be all digital.

sergiodaly said:
is this real?
if yes, than i'm speechless

Its been happening with other games like MKX

These reactions ... it would appear that people do not know that this has been common for years.

The physical collector's edition of Dark Souls 2 for the PC was similar. They didn't actually include a disc, though. It came with the steelbook case, and there were slots for the game and the soundtrack, but the game slot was empty. I had to activate and download via the included steam code.

Around the Network

So, they decided to make a physical copy, with a disc instead of a download code, yet didn't include the game on the disc? Unless Konami is getting sponsored by ISP's I fail to see the logic behind this.

Ruler said:
Well this is one of the reasons why i left PC gaming

S-So,  Konami pulling bullshit made you quit?

Wouldn't stop me. 

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

b00moscone said:
Ruler said:
Well this is one of the reasons why i left PC gaming

S-So,  Konami pulling bullshit made you quit?

Wouldn't stop me. 

well its steam giving a platform for DRM on disc based games like the Xbox Ones original design thats the big picture here 

forest-spirit said:
So, they decided to make a physical copy, with a disc instead of a download code, yet didn't include the game on the disc? Unless Konami is getting sponsored by ISP's I fail to see the logic behind this.

lazyness.

Easier to just make the game only steam on pc, and just force users to use it.

That's amazing if it's true, I feel bad for anyone who has really bad internet or data caps who pre ordered the physical copy from Amazon so they wouldn't have to download it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive