By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid needs (and deserves) a reboot. Caution - Lots of gifs!

Wow, the topic of this thread changed drastically since I last looked at it.

My take? Sexuality and Samus does not quite sit right with me. I mean I have a hard time picturing Samus wanting to be intimate with anyone, regardless of being male, female, or other alien gender. I mean she grew up surrounded by old birds, so she wouldn't even have had a chance of falling in love with anyone until her later years (besides an old bird but..........). I don't know why people can't let characters retain their image of asexuality.

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:

My take? Sexuality and Samus does not quite sit right with me. I mean I have a hard time picturing Samus wanting to be intimate with anyone, regardless of being male, female, or other alien gender. I mean she grew up surrounded by old birds, so she wouldn't even have had a chance of falling in love with anyone until her later years (besides an old bird but..........). I don't know why people can't let characters retain their image of asexuality.

Because Samus was never asexual. I merely want Metroid to shock the gaming industry again like it did in 1986. It doesn't have to be about sexuality, that's just the biggest thing I could think of.

I see that the thread has calmed down a bit but let's lay off the personal attacks.

Samus Aran said:
jigokutamago said:

Because Samus was never asexual. I merely want Metroid to shock the gaming industry again like it did in 1986. It doesn't have to be about sexuality, that's just the biggest thing I could think of.

Oh I ment asexual as in not sexually attracted to anyone, not as in having no gender.

Also making plot decisions based on mere shock value seems like bad writting in my opinion.

jigokutamago said:
Samus Aran said:
jigokutamago said:

Oh I ment asexual as in not sexually attracted to anyone, not as in having no gender.

Also making plot decisions based on mere shock value seems like bad writting in my opinion.

Works for Game of Thrones. :p

Her being asexual would be the biggest stereotype btw! As if a strong independent woman can't love someone else because it would make her weak.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
jigokutamago said:

Her being asexual would be the biggest stereotype btw! As if a strong independent woman can't love someone else because it would make her weak.

I've never read it. :p

I just hate it when a writer has to give up artistic vision for sales.

jigokutamago said:
Samus Aran said:
jigokutamago said:

I've never read it. :p

I just hate it when a writer has to give up artistic vision for sales.

But it's even worse when he has to give up his series because of lack of sales!

I'd still retain the amazing Metroid gameplay we all know and love, just flesh out her character in some interesting ways.

Online multiplayer could also work though.

As others have said make Samus an actual bounty hunter, you know have the ability take on jobs to earn upgrades.
Also would prefer next metroid to be a third person shooter with some light platforming and rpg elements

im sorry this entire thread is dumb!! the metroid series is fine to date its only actually had one real bad entry which is Other M.

Metroid doesnt need to be M rated or need to be like Bloodborne and Darksouls or Half life etc and scanning is not outdated there is nothing wrong with scanning the environment.

No disrespect but your ideas spemanig sound silly and you just want to turn it into a western franchise. The Metroid Prime series is good because it combines both Eastern & Western design, youve got way to much free time if you are making these threads go play some sports or watch a movie rather than making these pointless threads, Metroid needs to be M rated, Zelda needs voice acting whats next Mario should have realistic graphics?

Just leave Metroid to Nintendo.