By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Teaser #3 released on Star Wars Instagram

enlightenedmaster said:
binary solo said:

What formula are they messing with here?

The only problem would be if Finn is a clone. But just because he's in a storm trooper suit in one trailer (which might be a disguise, like the original movie's formula) doesn't mean he's a clone. Aside from that there seems to be no formula issues at play here.

the formula that STAR WARS has always been more of a LEGENDARY MYTHIC HERIOIC SAGA

and not just some summer ACTION movie

some things look off and even the casting is off the typical STAR WARS standards

If that's the vibe you got from those few seconds then I've got news for you, that formula got thrown out the window 6-movies back. Bad dude with light sabre facing off against good (presumably) dude with light sabre, legions of troops doing the bidding of the evil empire. That's in every single one of the Star Wars movies. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Looks fantastic. Daisy and Jon Boyega look awesome.

Also was that new music from John Williams with the more foreboding Imperial March? Really nice.

C'mon JJ, get this right. The fans deserve it.

Oh and Avatar sucked.

enlightenedmaster said:

oh thats BULLSHIT

i don't agree with all the Prequel George Lucas hate and Criticism,he created the biggest entertainment franchise of all time and they hate him

and prequel wasn't anywhere near as bad as people criticise it to be

and Liam Neeson and Ewan Mcgregor and Darth Maul castings were on the spot,they jst couldn't have been done any better

its just that some of the star wars fanboys(not calling you or anytbody else,jst general term for over-the-top crazy fans that every movie has) don't want to move on.You see Star Wars celebration,some of them are stuck in 1977.i get it,i love star wars and it is probably my favorite movie but still,we need to live normal lives and we also need to understand that with times things change

we can't expect 70's & 80's DARK theme movies as they jst wouldn't sell today that fans want STAR WARS to be.They also need to understand that its a buisness at the end of the day and LUCAS tried to target to a younger crowd.

all our media is overtly POLITICALLY CORRECT and INFANTALIZED in a way and they expect LUCAS or now DISNEY to make 70's serious movie when immature COMIC BOOK movies and CHEAP COMDEY seems to be trendy

thats retarded in my sense and wud will STAR WARS instantly

so in that sense,STAR WARS 7 cud be a the biggest thing out there and cud even beat AVATAR(which i don't think it will most probably) but cud be one of the biggest FLOP's by its standards(atleast according to STAR WARS success).

i don't think it will have anywhere near lasting impact or the box office success(ticket wise,not dollar inflated version of $15 tickets)as J.J. Abrams is no LUCAS or CAMERON

STAR WARS is the biggest entertainment franchise and one of the only which can beat AVATAR and break all record but Casting and the look and feel of the trailers makes u believe that it will not reach ts full potential

The prequel trilogy was garbage imo save for one film, it's nothing to do with liking the original trilogy better or anything it was just executed in a poorly that's why Lucas gets criticized.

Wyrdness said:

The prequel trilogy was garbage imo save for one film, it's nothing to do with liking the original trilogy better or anything it was just executed in a poorly that's why Lucas gets criticized.

That reminds me how everyone thought WoW Mists of Pandaria was bad and then Warlords of Draenor came out... and now everyone thinks Mists was great.

I am not liking what i'm seeing from this movie. Its starting to look extremely forced, from the ridiculous lightsaber to the black guy beeing the main jedi character. I dont know, i'm not convinced. Hopefully we get better trailers coming that can restore the excitement, but i definitly have a bad feeling about this.

Its actually giving me the same feel as Mortal kombat X, where a bunch of teen team characters got forced in and ruined the cast and the story. Stereotipical stuff to apease some social agendas or specific audiences. It makes the source material that much poorer.

Oh well... at least the new SWTOR expansion is looking sweet. 

Everything looks fine. I'm just curious about the story and how these characters will interact in it.

Around the Network

seriously, do people on this website ever stop complaining about everything. Nothing bad has been shown YET. who cares if the guy is black or white, how does that make it less enjoyable for you? whats wrong with young actors? mark and carrie were young for the first film.
I understand wanting to keep your expectations low so your not disappointed, but seriously everything shown so far has been pretty great, they seem to be keeping the feel of the originals while still making it feel new.

Nem said:
Wyrdness said:

That reminds me how everyone thought WoW Mists of Pandaria was bad and then Warlords of Draenor came out... and now everyone thinks Mists was great.

I am not liking what i'm seeing from this movie. Its starting to look extremely forced, from the ridiculous lightsaber to the black guy beeing the main jedi character. I dont know, i'm not convinced. Hopefully we get better trailers coming that can restore the excitement, but i definitly have a bad feeling about this.

Its actually giving me the same feel as Mortal kombat X, where a bunch of teen team characters got forced in and ruined the cast and the story. Stereotipical stuff to apease some social agendas or specific audiences. It makes the source material that much poorer.

Oh well... at least the new SWTOR expansion is looking sweet. 

That's rigth, put a black char only to appeal to social agendas or specific audiences are the things that scream "disney" and J.J abrams, such a shame, becuse star wars was a good epic history... now it looks like another disney movie...

34 years playing games.