By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil's Third Review Thread - Metascore 40 (17 Reviews)

Is it worth to put on the Wii U side when we are on the lists wars?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm not angry. Just disappointed.

Pavolink said:
Is it worth to put on the Wii U side when we are on the lists wars?

It depends, would you put Godzilla on the PS4 side ?

binary solo said:
Ruler said:

yes i am serious, these western reviewers are biased against Japanese games and its a fact that there arent any japanese review sites in Metacritic

Bloodborne (the souls series in general) is a Japanese game...just sayin'.

Is there actually any real evidence for this bias? There are a great many Japanese games that get well reviewed. And there are plenty of western games that get bad reviews. Do some analysis and present some facts if you're going to make this sort of claim.

With loads of Western inspiration. For certain games there will be unfair bias because our cultures are so different. For example I hate the look of the armour and weapons in xenoblade chronicles, but the Japanese seem to like those kind of designs (because it's everywhere!). Would it be fair to deduce points for that? Not really, even though I'd still mention it in the review as my personal opinion. Some reviewers might take points off for such things that can be explained by cultural differences though. Keep in mind this is just an example.

So yeah, metacritic is unfair in that regard as it has no reviews from Japanese sites/magazines to compensate.

Surprise, surprise, it's as bad as it looked.

Edit: Sweet Jesus guys, really? Why is it that people feel the need to discredit any source that says a game on their prefered console is bad? It would be one thing if you're talking about scores that are way lower than the average, but nearly all the reviews say the game is garbage. The console wars man, it does things to you...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

It's funny that the 5 sites that scored it the highest are all Spanish.

episteme said:

We are not as cruel as the rest of Europe! (except with bulls :P)

episteme said:

They were mean to people in the southern Americas in the 1400 and 1500's, we should disregard these reviews.

Vandal: The best thing we can say about its campaign is that it works as a tutorial. The multiplayer mode is the key of this title, but you need to understand how it really works to make the most of it. 7/10

They focus on the multiplayer and the score is better.

Mummelmann said:
episteme said:

They were mean to people in the southern Americas in the 1400 and 1500's, we should disregard these reviews.

Small pox was meaner than the Spanish (killed 90% of the population there).