By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PlayStation Smarter Than XBOX Games Division

generic-user-1 said:

you can like things that arent good. i like schwarzenegger movies, but that doesnt mean they are good.  enjoyment isnt bound to quality.

But quality is apparently bound to your opinion, huh?

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
DerNebel said:

If you want to tell me how we are going to determine the sales for these games, then sure.

Oh and so what you're basically saying is that your opinion is the one and only relevant opinion that even decides what has the power to compete and what doesn't?

all sales, 2 years after the game launch(dont want to wait till the end of the generation, but we can if you want)

What is all sales? Digital included? How would we get access to those?

the-pi-guy said:
generic-user-1 said:

you can like things that arent good. i like schwarzenegger movies, but that doesnt mean they are good.  enjoyment isnt bound to quality.

How isn't Uncharted good?

the writing is bad and the gameplay isnt good enough to make the game good just for the gameplay.

generic-user-1 said:
JRPGfan said:
AEGRO said:
generic-user-1 said:

yes i was wrong, fifa is niche, but well the football niche is fuckn huge in europe.

ROFLMAO

Im done man, im done...

Isnt Football (what americans call soccer) the biggest & most popular (most played) sport in the world (by a huge margin)?

How the heck is that Niche generic-user-1 ?

americans dont call it even football.  its an european thing thats popular in some excolonies too. but not all over the world.  the typicall football fan is male, played football at somepoint in his life and likes to drink beer. its a niche, but its still big, liek realy big

A really big niche, since its the biggest and most played sport on the planet? I get it.

Just curious, because soccer is mainly played in europe/africa/middle east/ex-colonies ect....  and american football, is mainly played in the US, by a much smaller group of people,.... is american football just a small Niche sport as well by your definition?

"americans dont call it even football."

Did you know:

"rest of the world doesnt even call your football, football, they call it american-football?"

DerNebel said:
generic-user-1 said:
DerNebel said:

If you want to tell me how we are going to determine the sales for these games, then sure.

Oh and so what you're basically saying is that your opinion is the one and only relevant opinion that even decides what has the power to compete and what doesn't?

all sales, 2 years after the game launch(dont want to wait till the end of the generation, but we can if you want)

What is all sales? Digital included? How would we get access to those?

if we can get digital, than digital is included, but i doubt we will even get retail numbers before we die of old age.(allmost 3 month behind...)

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
the-pi-guy said:
generic-user-1 said:

racing is big in europe, but its not for casuals, its not made with casuals in mind and its not marketed with casuals in mind.

fifa isnt niche because football is religion in europe, and its the biggest by far.

ND games just sell well in slow years, the writting and the gameplay could never stand against realy good games(last year and this year would be realy bad for uncharted 4 or 0815zombieshooter 2 because we had some realy great 3rd party games.) they are like big action movies, badly written full of cliches,easy to disgest and heavly marketed.  and sells doesnt mean quality, or django unchained would be alot worse than any transformers movie.

Breathing is also pretty niche.  It's only for living things, which is a very specialized sector.  

I'm not sure how on Earth you think ND games sell well in slow years only, or how it can't stand against "realy good games"...  

Second game got a meta of 96, it got that for being a slow year?  I don't know about you, but I don't rate games based on the games this year.  I rate them based on how much I enjoy them.  And Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us were two of my favorites of all time.  They were not just my favorites that year... 

generic-user-1 said:

GT and forza are niche games, big niches but still niches.

halo isnt, it made for casuals and has a lot of fans.

and uncharted wouldnt stand a chance against mgs, the quality of mgs games is just so much higher. ND needs a quite year to sell alot of games.

and TR is exclusive to xbox so yes its a m$ game even if they just payed for it.

Kojima even likes Uncharted.  

Do you have anything to back up these statements?

Log off.

generic-user-1 said:
the-pi-guy said:
generic-user-1 said:

How isn't Uncharted good?

the writing is bad and the gameplay isnt good enough to make the game good just for the gameplay.

Tell us then, which game has good writing in your opinion?

Also the only source that we can reasonably expect to give us numbers for both games up to a comparable point in time would be vgchartz, so we'll be stuck with that.

sergiodaly said:
vivster said:
sergiodaly said:

in those cases 99% of the profit goes to 3rd party too... think men!

And that 1% of 3rd party software is the vast majority of console maker's profits.

its a huge slice of the cake but one doesn't keep the other out... in 1st party the profit can be quite substancial so why not bet on that too?

why enable others to do big bucks on your console and not take a piece of that action for yourself? that would be idiotic...

It's not "1% profit of 3rd party software" but 20-30% of digital games and 10-20% of retail games. If you have a popular platform, profit from third parties is huge... without investing own money in game development and without the risk of putting tens of million dollars into a possible flop.

Valve makes hundreds of million dollars each year with almost no first party games, Apple makes billions of dollars each year on AppStore-games. Digital sales on PSN, XBL and eShop are also very profitable for the platform owners.

Going to lock this thread. First reason is this derailment, it's been off topic since about the beginning of the thread. The second reason is the topic itself. As others pointed out, the whole premise of this thread is rather ridiculous and overall a bit dubious.