By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Why MGSV Deserves a 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRAe6VpQyXk

---------------

There's no spoilers, so it's safe to watch. He pretty much says a 10 doesn't mean a perfect game, but the mechanics in the game are incredilby well done. The last part with the jeep and helicopter was pretty cool.

Around the Network

can't see it, care to put a link?

A lot of people are angry at Konami but, personally, I can't thank them enough. I cannot wait to see what he does as his own boss.

Bofferbrauer said:
can't see it, care to put a link?

Done.

I haven't paid attention to MGSV aside from playing Ground Zeroes and reading a few reviews. This video definitely got me pumped for next week.

IGN also gave 10/10 to MGS4, but guess what? Few years down the road they forgot to mention MGS4 in many of their 'Top X PS3 Games' articles.

Will the same happen to this entry?

Around the Network
pokoko said:
A lot of people are angry at Konami but, personally, I can't thank them enough. I cannot wait to see what he does as his own boss.

i hope he will direct the star wars movie 8 and 9....

pokoko said:

Yea, I don't think he has the funding to put out a game at this level by himself.

BraLoD said:
Zones said:

IGN also gave 10/10 to MGS4, but guess what? Few years down the road they forgot to mention MGS4 in many of their 'Top X PS3 Games' articles.

Will the same happen to this entry?

Well, when they do this kind of top list is a consensus between a lot of people there, right?

While the review is done by one guy.

It doesn't really matter how they do things, it just shows a great deal of inconsistency when they do this.

Anyway, MGS4 (at least to me) didn't deserve a 10/10 to begin with, but these websites are incredibly inconsistent with their tone.

Mystro-Sama said:
pokoko said:

Yea, I don't think he has the funding to put out a game at this level by himself.

I'm almost certain Kojima will be able to acquire funding for whatever he wants to do next.

Mystro-Sama said:
pokoko said:

Agreed. People love to shit on Konami (somewhat rightfully) nowadays, but Kojima is well known as a huge diva that sucks up a budget with his indecision. He didn't have any reason to keep the games he made on track for a release date and a set budget, since he allegedly gets paid the same amount regardless of how the game performs. They had very good reason to cut him with his tendencies to waste money on minute details.

If he doesn't get picked up by Sony or Nintendo or a wildcard like Nordic/Take-Two, he's gonna have a bad time. It'll be Mighty No. 9 times ten when he turns to kickstarter and delays several times. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!