By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Fear The Walking Dead: Impressions?

What did you think about the Pilot?

I liked it 14 31.11%

Didn't like it 3 6.67%

Characters are meh 8 17.78%

It was exactly what I expected it to be 1 2.22%

Too much time spent on su... 11 24.44%

I like the gradual transi... 4 8.89%

Episode was good until crackhead tried to cry 1 2.22%

Liked it better than The Walking Dead 0 0%

Missed opportunities throughout 3 6.67%

Alycia Debnam-Carey in an... 0 0%

Total:45

Anyone saw it?

What did you think?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Really? No one saw the Pilot?

I did, I loved it.

didn't see the full episode

but whatever i did see,it didn't seem like a spin-off but more like a parallel show to make more money of Walking Dead Brand Name SUCCESS

it seems like the series will flop long term but no one knows as Walking Dead is so popular

enlightenedmaster said:

but whatever i did see,it didn't seem like a spin-off but more like a parallel show to make more money of Walking Dead Brand Name SUCCESS

it seems like the series will flop long term but no one knows as Walking Dead is so popular

They haven't said anything about it but lots of people believe those series characters will eventually stumble upon each other, which would be tricky to accomplish since there is a lot of time passed between the original series and this new one, within the storyline.

I like how things seem a little more personal when it comes to deal with the zombies in FearTWD at the time, since no one has guns and machetes and swords and stuff to dispose of zombies with ease like they would be scoring points in a zombie game, but that may change in the long run.

I didn't feel any special attachment to the characters though. The episode could have been a lot worse though.

Around the Network

I felt like the "is this gonna be the first zombie someone not on drugs sees" melodrama was played up a bit too much (in the school, in the church, back in the school, etc) but overall it was pretty good.

enlightenedmaster said:

To be fair, everybody (including me) thought Saul was gonna be this terrible cash-in by AMC and it surprised everybody. You can never really be sure with AMC. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I liked it. It did a great job at introducing you to some of the characters.

It was alright. It was slow, but I understand they had to lay out the characters, story and everything leading up to the zombie apocalypse. That's one thing the Walking Dead had an advantage on - going straight into the zombies. I like the concept of seeing the world being destroyed better than seeing a group of survivors.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of the characters so far especially the junkie. Hopefully they don't go into man vs zombies quickly because then it will be just another zombie show. Have the apocalypse build slowly and give us how the virus started. 

AbbathTheGrim said:

They haven't said anything about it but lots of people believe those series characters will eventually stumble upon each other, which would be tricky to accomplish since there is a lot of time passed between the original series and this new one, within the storyline.

I like how things seem a little more personal when it comes to deal with the zombies in FearTWD at the time, since no one has guns and machetes and swords and stuff to dispose of zombies with ease like they would be scoring points in a zombie game, but that may change in the long run.

I didn't feel any special attachment to the characters though. The episode could have been a lot worse though.

the characters stubbling upon may work as they need stories for  a few season for walking dead as it seem it will have a few more season and they might stretch it atleast till season 10

but its not good as who the heel is gonna follow 2 separate shows

Also the spinoffs shud be spinoffs not their own show and spinoffs whud have been based more upon the characters already in the main show and this and that

i would love to watch how it all began but 5 season in,i dont care how it started now really as i'm am now much more interested in Rick and the crew story not the virus

Also the show is more about the group and their survival not the zombie thing as that topic has been used again and again.

I would understand a different perspective like u said bt that should be a totally different show or a competing show not the same series as it distracts.