By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will sell more, Devil's Third or Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Tagged games:

Which game will sell more, Devil's Third or Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Devil's Third. That push... 36 44.44%

Rodea TSS. Bigger userbas... 15 18.52%

They'll sell more or less the same. 13 16.05%

We need a Monster Hunter-like Pokemon game. 17 20.99%

Total:81

Devil's Third seems a bit more an option to the western gamers since it has a PC port. whereas Rodea is very niche.

Both doesn't seem to have good marketing and would probably great around 100k sales. I hope they would sell better but I'm not that optimistic.

Around the Network

Today marks the day of Devil's Third launch and it BOMBED. Copies just don't exist. All new copies are non existent on amazon or ebay. There is only 1 listing for the game on ebay for like $60 plus $16 shipping from Hong Kong. There will guaranteed less than 10,000 copies made. The best buy's around me don't even have a copy and it came out TODAY. My sister works at best buy and they didn't get a single copy.

Darwinianevolution said:
Skullwaker said:
Darwinianevolution said:
That's the thing. I know the Wii version will be packed with the WiiU version, but if the game sells poorly, they could just sell it for the Wii. It still has a bigger userbase than WiiU and 3DS combined.

Yeah but how many of those Wii owners are actually active? Niche games like Rodea won't really fly anymore with the userbase that remains. Only games like Just Dance can get away with that.

Rodea's best chance is on either the Wii U or 3DS. The Wii U since it's two games technically, or the 3DS since it has a much bigger (active) install base and people who enjoyed KI: Uprising may give it a shot.

Well, I'll buy the 3DS version, but if I had the chance to buy it for the Wii, i would. Kid Icarus controlls are a bit odd for me, I would like to aim with the CirclePad controller instead of the touchscreen, it's somewhat counterintuitive. If someone knows how to configure the controlls to change the circlepad to aim instead of moving, I'm all ears.

There are major differences between the Wii and Wii/3DS versions. If you get thd Wii version that comes with first print copies. Its simply better.

97Retrogamenerd said:

Today marks the day of Devil's Third launch and it BOMBED. Copies just don't exist. All new copies are non existent on amazon or ebay. There is only 1 listing for the game on ebay for like $60 plus $16 shipping from Hong Kong. There will guaranteed less than 10,000 copies made. The best buy's around me don't even have a copy and it came out TODAY. My sister works at best buy and they didn't get a single copy.

I purchased the only copy they had (not even advertised...in the back) today at EB games and I'm sure as hell glad I did.

1doesnotsimply

Updated with the latest numbers of this battle of titans. The results might not be what you'd expect.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

id say rodea. every retail copy of devils third (in NA) will be bought and sold. in fact, im sure that has already happened. but it doesnt matter, it still wont be enough. rodea will end up selling more in the end. even though it isnt a very good game at all (wii u version).