By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank PS4 E3 Demo Reportedly In Some Gamestop Stores

A guy from Reddit got to play it at his local GameStop and uploaded pics:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ratchet-and-clank-ps4-e3-demo-reportedly-in-some-gamestop-stores/

Maybe it will be playable on a GameStop near you.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Can't believe they delayed this game so it would release with the movie. Its one of the few things I actually want to play.

Mystro-Sama said:
Can't believe they delayed this game so it would release with the movie. Its one of the few things I actually want to play.

Business wise it was the smart thing to do because if the movie is a success at the box office the sales for the game will rise exponentially. I imagine they're planning to do the same thing with the Sly Cooper movie. I expect an announcement at PSX.

I really, really want to play this game. If I find a Gamestop store, I will check and see if it's there. I really want to get a feel for how graph-tacular it is.

Next time I'm at a Gamestop, you know, eventually, I'll check to see if they have the demo just because I'm really excited for this. The content and price are both winners, and the game is truly a remake rather than a glorified, shiny remaster. It will be a worthy edition to the PS4 collection, and I hope it leads to another generation of good Ratchet & Clank titles.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Business wise it was the smart thing to do because if the movie is a success at the box office the sales for the game will rise exponentially. I imagine they're planning to do the same thing with the Sly Cooper movie. I expect an announcement at PSX.

I don't think they are actually rebooting the Sly Cooper frachise, I don't think are planning anything at all. The last Sly bombed and overall, I don't think fans would even accept a Sly Cooper game with diferent character designs. Plus, is there someone who can develop a game like that? Sanzaru Games did a terrific job with Sly 4 but who knows...

Anyways, I think Sony is more likely to announce a Jak and Daxter movie rather than a new Sly game.

lehamsy said:
Wagram said:

I don't think they are actually rebooting the Sly Cooper frachise, I don't think are planning anything at all. The last Sly bombed and overall, I don't think fans would even accept a Sly Cooper game with diferent character designs. Plus, is there someone who can develop a game like that? Sanzaru Games did a terrific job with Sly 4 but who knows...

Anyways, I think Sony is more likeable to announce a Jak and Daxter movie rather than a new Sly game.

Sly 4 actually performed pretty well considering the series had been dormant since Sly 3. I mean, Sly 3 released in 2005, and Sly 4 released in 2013. Technically the Sly Collection released in 2010, but that was still five years since anything Sly and it was just a (much appreciated) HD collection. I figure around 700k total + whatever came from digital is pretty solid for a sequel from a different studio producing the first original content for the characters after nearly a decade.

Edit: That isn't to say it didn't bomb on launch. It performed pretty poorly for awhile, but just took some time to pick up. Overall, I'd think Sanzaru were satisfied with the sales and would be willing to make a new Sly game in the future.

lehamsy said:
Wagram said:

Anyways, I think Sony is more likeable to announce a Jak and Daxter movie rather than a new Sly game.

I wouldn't say it bombed considering it basically came in under the radar with almost zero marketing. There is a Sly movie coming out next year so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens, but that's purely speculative on my part. Sly 4 was the best in the series I think. In addition, the fact that Sony specifically requested Sanzaru put in a cliffhanger ending makes me feel like they'll return at some point.

I'm so jelly of those who get to play that =_=

I really want to play this game. This is an example of a good remake.